Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Why does this need to happen???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/212974-why-does-need-happen.html)

NASCAT 07-16-2009 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by apppedigree (Post 2911590)
Always busting my chops!!!!:asskiss:

Negative Ghost Rider that isn't the case at all I'm simply stating the facts!:ernaehrung004:

apppedigree 07-16-2009 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2911595)
Negative Ghost Rider that isn't the case at all I'm simply stating the facts!:ernaehrung004:

LOL. :ernaehrung004:

Ms PatriYacht 07-16-2009 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2911511)
Actually my understanding is that a particular group did all the leg work paving the way for last years run & PRA said they wanted to put their name on it at the last minute and the folks that built it & promoted said ok. This year they chose to take it to the next level & do it themselves minus all the drama!
I don't blame anyone for that!

I sort of remember something like this when the Chicago Power Boat Club was putting on their first big run. PRA wanted in, they insisted on raising the entry fee and putting out a lot of demands while the club did most of the work. The club bowed out and put on their own non profit run. On the flip side putting on a non profit run has it's challenges since you are depending on a lot of people to be involved in all aspects of a major event without paying them, their only motivation is doing it for a charity or the love of it. Sometimes that can burn you out and in the case of the CPBC along with the sagging economy most likely the reason they are taking a break from running the event.

It has to be hard to be a for profit event company and have to compete with a club event so I can understand Taylor's concern, but it still would be poor behavior to outright ask people to not attend, so I hope that statement is a bit overstated, good luck to both runs.

ScottB 07-16-2009 01:25 PM

So now I see why many of you stopped racing and went to poker runs. No drama, no alphabet soup, and no political BS
:lolhit::nhl_fight:

AIR TIME 07-16-2009 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by ScottB (Post 2911620)
So now I see why many of you stopped racing and went to poker runs. No drama, no alphabet soup, and no political BS
:lolhit::nhl_fight:

hhahah:p:p:p

PhantomChaos 07-22-2009 04:47 PM

So....is Bill still calling tell people not to go?

phragle 07-22-2009 04:50 PM

so it's been a few days....and nothing definitive yet????

MegaByte*3 07-25-2009 12:38 AM

anything ?

dockrocker 07-25-2009 01:06 PM

I hate it when an episode of "As The Prop Turns" ends with a "to be continued..." then they never show part 2....

Ms PatriYacht 08-07-2009 03:15 PM

opps