Notices

Beware trailer boaters

Old 07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware trailer boaters

In this week's blog, I take on trailer boaters who take too long and showcase a cool new waterproof handheld radio.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

That's too funny! I did the same thing when I saw that commercial and my wife looked at me like I had 3 heads.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Registered

Maybe it's a Maine thing.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Good points especially on all the 'pre-launch stuff that needs to be done - though I sometimes make allowances for someone who is launching by themselves - as I am often forced to do...
Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I launch at a free state launch, and I TOTALLY understand the nonsense that some people put you through. I've waited 25 minutes for 2 people (side by side) to get their little aluminum fishing boats on the freakin trailer!!! I launch alone about 50% of the time and I'm in and out in under 3 minutes. Some people are just hard headed jackasses....
Old 07-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 89Mach1
I launch at a free state launch, and I TOTALLY understand the nonsense that some people put you through. I've waited 25 minutes for 2 people (side by side) to get their little aluminum fishing boats on the freakin trailer!!! I launch alone about 50% of the time and I'm in and out in under 3 minutes. Some people are just hard headed jackasses....

It seems like the smaller the boat the longer it takes them.
it's even better when they wait to get to the water before loading there fishing poles and coolers and crap. I can normaly load or unload my boat in the time it takes 3 people to do a bass boat. I iwll sometimes offer to help them in the most smart a$$ way i can.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can make a day of watching people put there boats in the water...

At Jammin on the James we got back to Jordan Point on Sunday to pull the boat... This guy pulls in with a two wheel drive suburban.. He has a 21' bow rider... He backs it down and the trailer jacks to the right....... RIGHT OFF THE EDGE OF THE RAMP!! Boat is half in the water and half on the trailer... Stuck on the axle.. Can't go back any more.. Tires squealling like drag race show... He is trying to pull the boat out now!!! THEN JUST WHEN YOU THINK THE SHOW IS OVER!!!! POW.... The bilge pump kicks on... LMAO LMAO.. 4 of us on the boat is yelling... " just get the boat in the water to lighten the trailer you jack Azz.... THEN we realize he never put the plug in that is why he was trying to grind the ramp down with his tires.... THEN we watched him wade in the water to his chest... dive like a duck and put the plug in!!! then 12 other people came over and push the boat in the water and away he went!!! when he rode by us .... he looked at me like... Have some paitence!! I looked back and smiled and said.... Nice boat!!

I love watching the ramps!! You meet the smartest people!!! That make you wonder how they made it that far in life!!!