Notices

Avanti boat questions

Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avanti boat questions

Hi all,I have a chance to pick up a mint early 90's 24 foot Avanti with a 454 in it. Can anyone please give me some info,good and bad about this boat. What kind of performance should it have? Thanks for any info.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Don't know much about the 24's but the 33's are built solid and runs great in chitty seas. Pretty deep hulls. The only thing I suggest is to check the rigging really carefully. THe hulls are ok, but there were some issues with the finishing and rigging in the past. Nothing major, just quility issues. THe old owner of Avanti boats is an as ** *le.. well.. I leave it at that. But the boats are great. Avanti Boat Co. is sold, and the molds are being used by Egg Harbor.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:58 PM
Registered

Something not right Avanti by Jet Set. NJ boats not the FL. company Dennis only built 22' 27' and up no 24's
Old 07-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think Long ago. Dennis had the Name Avanti By Jet Set and changed it, but not sure. Back check old addresses.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He never built a 24, only 22, 26, 27 and the 33 and 39. The 26was only built late 90's. The Flordia Avanti built mainly center consoles I think but I don't know what sizes.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

I was wrong,it is a 22. Sorry for any confusion,and thanks for the info.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i owned a 22 with a 454 mag...it was a 92 with a bravo and ran a solid 70 mph. narrow 7ft beam, was a great bay bomber and i never had a problem with it at all. had it out in the ocean on numerous occasions...boat was alot of fun.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an 88 22 Avanti. I bought it with a 420 hp 454 and later put a 550 hp 496 in it. It was a great boat and I wish I had never sold it because it was so much fun to drive.
It's actually a 24 pantera only 2 ft shorter. The classic 24x7 hull.
One big difference is that the Avanti has a small keel pad on the last couple feet of the hull and the pantera does not. With the pad you can trim the boat way up and get it to ride pretty stable on the pad but it can also make the boat do funny things, for example, when running 70ish trimmed up when you trim back down and the prop "bites" the boat can lean pretty hard to the starboard but just for a second. If your making a left hand turn and do this it will scare the heck out of you.
Mine ran low 70's with the 420 hp motor and at the time I ran it on lakes in CT and the Long Island Sound. When I moved to CA I put the bigger motor in it and only ran it in the Pacific ocean so I never really found out how fast it would go but the speedometer was buried at 75 long before I ran out of throttle. No boat I ever came across of comparable size could ever stay with us in the ocean and we suprised a lot of bigger boats out there. Full hydraulic external steering is a must. If you buy it good luck with it, I'll own another one some day.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I had an 88 22 Avanti. I bought it with a 420 hp 454 and later put a 550 hp 496 in it. It was a great boat and I wish I had never sold it because it was so much fun to drive.
It's actually a 24 pantera only 2 ft shorter. The classic 24x7 hull.
One big difference is that the Avanti has a small keel pad on the last couple feet of the hull and the pantera does not. With the pad you can trim the boat way up and get it to ride pretty stable on the pad but it can also make the boat do funny things, for example, when running 70ish trimmed up when you trim back down and the prop "bites" the boat can lean pretty hard to the starboard but just for a second. If your making a left hand turn and do this it will scare the heck out of you.
Mine ran low 70's with the 420 hp motor and at the time I ran it on lakes in CT and the Long Island Sound. When I moved to CA I put the bigger motor in it and only ran it in the Pacific ocean so I never really found out how fast it would go but the speedometer was buried at 75 long before I ran out of throttle. No boat I ever came across of comparable size could ever stay with us in the ocean and we suprised a lot of bigger boats out there. Full hydraulic external steering is a must. If you buy it good luck with it, I'll own another one some day.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Registered

Default florida avanti

hey guys i c you have some ? about avanti well i can give you the most accurate info on the avanti powerboats from miami, my father was the original owner and founder of the company he sold it in 97 and wen he had the company they were awsome boats said by everyone in miami but when he sold the molds to condor power boats he mest them up well just let me no if you have any ? thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.