Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2009 Shore Dreams For Kids Results Are In – Truly a RECORD BREAKER! >

2009 Shore Dreams For Kids Results Are In – Truly a RECORD BREAKER!

Notices

Old 07-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Shore Dreams For Kids Results Are In – Truly a RECORD BREAKER!

I am proud to report that the 2009 Shore Dreams For Kids was a not only a HUGE SUCCESS but was also a record breaker!!

Back in early days, Shore Dreams For Kids had about 400 attendees. All of the subsequent years, showed increased attendance year over year with last year hosting 700 attendees. This year, we exceeded the 1,000 attendee milestone!! The attendees this year came from Special Olympics, Make a Wish Foundation, Oceans of Love Support Group for Children with Cancer, Children with Autism, Children’s Specialized Hospital and other special needs children throughout the area.

Another attendance record breaker were the boat volunteers. In past years we would have anywhere from 25 - 30 boats to give rides to the attendees. This year, we had 40 boats and their crews show up and determined to make sure that every single Shore Dreams For Kids attendee who wanted a boat ride got one!

Some other Shore Kids For Dreams highlights this year were:
* Raised enough money to cover the event!
* Record amount of items donated to auction off to raise money!
* Over 8 Elks lodges attending!
* Over 80 cars for the car show!
* Had boat displays on land from OPA and the East Coast Boat Racing Club of New Jersey!
* Over 1300 ice cream cones & floats served by CHILLY WILLY!

We also had some special V.I.P’s attend to witness the event first hand. Dean Janeway, President of Wakefern Food Corp. attended to witness all of the smiles that Wakefern / Shoprite’s extreme generosity generates. As a thank you, the Shore Dreams For Kids directors presented Dean with a framed collage of photos from last year’s event.

Also in attendance was Bernard Kerik, the former NYC Police Commissioner under NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani. After braving 4 hours of Jersey Shore Summer traffic, Bernard arrived with his daughters Angelina and Celine. After all of the Shore Dreams attendees received their rides, Bernard and his daughters jumped on a brand new 42’ Statement Marine piloted by Statement’s own Nick Buis for a quick 100mph+ blast! Mr. Kerik promises to return in 2010 to volunteer himself and his daughters for the event.

There are over 700 pictures available online for your viewing pleasure thanks to www.sharkey-images.com. The event pictures can be found at: http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/f1031055533

This year was without a doubt our best year ever and we have all of those who were involved to thank! From our organization’s directors, to the generosity of all the sponsors, donors, land and boat volunteers, car clubs, boat racers, to the members of NJ Performance Powerboat Club and all of the local Elks Clubs.

We are now off and running to start planning for 2010 Shore Dreams For Kids!!

Best regards and thank you,
Dave Patnaude
Director
Shore Dreams For Kids
www.shoredreamsforkids.org

About Shore Dreams For Kids
Shore Dreams for Kids is a non-profit 501c(3) fully exempt “not for profit” organization that raises money annually for an event for hundreds of children from the Special Olympics as well as mentally and physically challenged children, special needs children, and their families. This event offers a day of entertainment which includes a “carnival atmosphere” complete with games and small rides, an antique car display, food and drinks, live entertainment and performance powerboat rides on Barnegat Bay at the Jersey Shore. The boat rides are conducted by local performance powerboat owners, including but not limited to the New Jersey Performance Powerboat Club (NJPPC) who volunteer their time and boats to share with those less fortunate.

For more information, visit Shore Dreams For Kids Website www.shoredreamsforkids.org
Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave i just wanted to thank you and all the others involved for letting me be a part of an incredible day !!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My family and I also had a great time helping out. We will be back next year. I can only imagine the work it takes those in charge to make this happen year after year. Great job.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Vinny R and myself had a great time
Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Patti and I want to THANK YOU to all involved for allowing us to be part of this. We will be back next year.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:02 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Dave,

I would like to send a speacial Thank You to you and the entire NJPPC for letting myself and Ocean Beach Marine Center's be part of such a GREAT event.

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 07-20-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Registered

Thanks everyone!! Without everyone's help it would not be possible!!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:11 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

I think now would be a great time for me to go back and review the whole event all over again... Sometimes I miss so much from looking through a view finder most of the day, but now I can reflect back on the day's event.

This year's event was over the top !

Great weather once again !

So many people traveling in from out of state just blew me away.
Thank you all for going the distance to be a part of this event.

Dave,

It just keeps getting bigger and better every year!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Vinny R and myself had a great time
JC,

Sorry I did not get a chance to see you guys.

Got several pics though!

Big thanks to you and Vinny for coming !

I have your Activator pic sitting here as well.

I'll bring it to Patchogue.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:16 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 45sonic
Patti and I want to THANK YOU to all involved for allowing us to be part of this. We will be back next year.
Great to see you two again ! Thanks for the Link on FaceBook !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.