Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by oreo11zeus
That is the dumbest post I have ever read on OSO
HAHA......
Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman
I am from Denmark too and have had 3 Cigarette Top Guns and now have a Cigarette 42 Tiger.
Jesper, I didn't realize you owned a fleet of Cigs!! Though you had a couple but four!?

Where's the pics bro.

On the Baja VS Cafe topic....I've owned a Baja and currently own a Cig. I think you'll find many Cig owners that have moved up from a Baja and wont say a negative thing about the brand. Our Baja treated us extremely well and we enjoyed it immensely.

Like others have said, the Cabin on the 38 Special is comfy. The Cabin on the Cafe is actually a really great cabin but the head room is limited.

I personally think the Cafe is a "sleaker" looking boat. The Special is almost a sport cruiser with high freeboard and a more rounded deck than the typical flatter deck of true offshore boats. But that's just my opinion.

Either way, keep us posted on what you decide.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Tank,

How are you? I think I saw your Cig for sale what gives?

I only have the Tiger left the others I sold long ago. There are pictures in the cigarettes the legend tread. It was a 1990 with 600HP blower engines and Bravo a 1989 with 750 Hawk engines and #3 drives and a 1992 with 525īs and TRS Of those 3 the 1989 was my favorite ride! It would go through anything, heavy as hell and only 80 MPH but rode like a Caddy in the rough!

Jesper

Originally Posted by thisistank
Jesper, I didn't realize you owned a fleet of Cigs!! Though you had a couple but four!?

Where's the pics bro.

On the Baja VS Cafe topic....I've owned a Baja and currently own a Cig. I think you'll find many Cig owners that have moved up from a Baja and wont say a negative thing about the brand. Our Baja treated us extremely well and we enjoyed it immensely.

Like others have said, the Cabin on the 38 Special is comfy. The Cabin on the Cafe is actually a really great cabin but the head room is limited.

I personally think the Cafe is a "sleaker" looking boat. The Special is almost a sport cruiser with high freeboard and a more rounded deck than the typical flatter deck of true offshore boats. But that's just my opinion.

Either way, keep us posted on what you decide.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i`m more and more into the scarab 38, it kind of looks "newer" then the cig.

there are som nice offers and i found 2 i might decide to buy..

i`ll keep you postet
Old 07-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Are the standard production scarabs not prone to rot? I here the transoms are made from poor quality ply? I could be wrong but are you not better off going for a larry smith or a KV.

Last edited by 999JAY; 07-26-2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman
Hi Tank,

How are you? I think I saw your Cig for sale what gives?

I only have the Tiger left the others I sold long ago. There are pictures in the cigarettes the legend tread. It was a 1990 with 600HP blower engines and Bravo a 1989 with 750 Hawk engines and #3 drives and a 1992 with 525īs and TRS Of those 3 the 1989 was my favorite ride! It would go through anything, heavy as hell and only 80 MPH but rode like a Caddy in the rough!

Jesper
Jesper, everything is good. Yea, the cig is up for sale. figured I'd throw it out there since I haven't been using it as much as I'd like to.

Glad things are well, you ever make it out this way look me up for a run in the pacific (assuming I still have the boat)