Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1990 sleekcraft enforcer cat hull? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/213461-1990-sleekcraft-enforcer-cat-hull.html)

xoticcustoms 07-22-2009 10:33 AM

1990 sleekcraft enforcer cat hull?

First off I mean tunnel hull. Hey all, I just joined the site and I am looking for some info on my boat. I have a 1990 Sleekcraft. It says enforcer on the title and it looks EXACTLY like every other '90 28ft enforcer I've seen. The only difference is that it has a "tunnel" hull. If you look at it straight on, it has an "M" shape. I just talked to 2 guys that worked for sleekcraft since the 70's and they were both adamit that there was never an enforcer with that hull. I am going to talk to Candy, the owner of the company's wife, in a couple hrs to see if I can dig up any info. If anyone has any info, please let me know what the hell I have here. Thanks,
Derek

vortex5021 07-22-2009 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by xoticcustoms (Post 2915552)
First off I mean tunnel hull. Hey all, I just joined the site and I am looking for some info on my boat. I have a 1990 Sleekcraft. It says enforcer on the title and it looks EXACTLY like every other '90 28ft enforcer I've seen. The only difference is that it has a "tunnel" hull. If you look at it straight on, it has an "M" shape. I just talked to 2 guys that worked for sleekcraft since the 70's and they were both adamit that there was never an enforcer with that hull. I am going to talk to Candy, the owner of the company's wife, in a couple hrs to see if I can dig up any info. If anyone has any info, please let me know what the hell I have here. Thanks,
Derek

Sleekcraft made both types of hull in the 28 foot range in the late eighties through 1990 I believe. The straight v-bottom and the hull you have which is a mod vp or air slot design. The small tunnels pack a little bit of air, not much. Theres one for sale right now on BoatTrader just like yours.

BrettM 07-22-2009 05:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...ORCER-93815410

I knew that when I saw your boat for the first time, it was rare. Here are some pics of BlackOut

BrettM 07-22-2009 05:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more

xoticcustoms 07-22-2009 09:29 PM

Actually I found out today that there were only 6 ever made with this hull. I spoke to the widow of the owner of sleekcraft and she informed me that there were only 6. She said that they were built for some of their clients who wanted a boat that would handle the chop of the lake better.

Catmando 07-22-2009 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by xoticcustoms (Post 2916108)
Actually I found out today that there were only 6 ever made with this hull. I spoke to the widow of the owner of sleekcraft and she informed me that there were only 6. She said that they were built for some of their clients who wanted a boat that would handle the chop of the lake better.

Can you post pics of it?

JDTDBD 07-23-2009 05:37 AM

BLACKOUT

Is that boat yours? Or did you just do the painting/graphics? How much did the paintjob run you? I just purchased one and was looking to update its look.

xoticcustoms 07-23-2009 09:54 AM

Both actually. I own a custom shop in Lincoln, NE. It's my boat and I did the paint job on it. The gelcoat was done by a friend in town. don't know how to post pics on here. Check out my website to see pics of this boat and the rebuild we did of our last boat. www.xoticconcepts.com

BrettM 07-23-2009 10:22 AM

Am I the only one that can see all the pics I poster of Blackout???

Caincando1 07-23-2009 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja (Post 2916418)
Am I the only one that can see all the pics I poster of Blackout???

I can see them!