Notices

New Outerlimits 40 GTX

Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Do you have any more pics of the dash? Are the seats front 2 seats on shocks? Those new trannies from Ilmor must shift like Butta!

Mint poker run package!!!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

"Introducing the new 40 GTX from Outerlimits Powerboats. With Styling cues from the 39 GTX mated to the Race Proved SV 40 Bottom, this Ilmor 650 powered boat is capable of running 115 mph in comfort. This boat features the exciting new Ilmor 650's mated to the New Indy Drive System."

Very nice piece! Everyone knows what an Ilmor fan I am & I so have the itch for a pair 725 / Indy packages. Currently a Cat guy but if I ever decide to defect OL will certainly be getting a look.

Hopefully your customer will continue to provide the rest of us w/ some Gen4 Indy Drive feedback. I know I'd bolt a set on in a heartbeat w/ confidence if they were available. Ilmor does their homework & their products are first class as are their people!
Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

nice looking boat..and Im glad Ilmor is back in the picture...Im curious on the motor and drive package and how well it will fair out..vs the difference on the nxt from Merc..bullet looks different as well as thicker towards the upper section of the skeg.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First Indies Ive seen on a transom.

No more room for anyone to say Ilmor isn't delivering.

Nice rig.

UD
Old 07-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NASCAT
"Introducing the new 40 GTX from Outerlimits Powerboats. With Styling cues from the 39 GTX mated to the Race Proved SV 40 Bottom, this Ilmor 650 powered boat is capable of running 115 mph in comfort. This boat features the exciting new Ilmor 650's mated to the New Indy Drive System."

Very nice piece! Everyone knows what an Ilmor fan I am & I so have the itch for a pair 725 / Indy packages. Currently a Cat guy but if I ever decide to defect OL will certainly be getting a look.

Hopefully your customer will continue to provide the rest of us w/ some Gen4 Indy Drive feedback. I know I'd bolt a set on in a heartbeat w/ confidence if they were available. Ilmor does their homework & their products are first class as are their people!
From what I hear, the 725/Indy package is about the same price as the 700SCI/NXT. I like the Ilmors better because they will last longer than the blower Merc. Not only that but Ilmor rates the Indy to 1000hp so there may be a super Viper in the works they're gonna zap us with.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 1,323 Likes on 739 Posts

Just hope Fiat doesn't stop making the base motors.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Just hope Fiat doesn't stop making the base motors.
They wouldn't DARE. Ilmor would come down on them like a ton of tires.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
They wouldn't DARE. Ilmor would come down on them like a ton of tires.
No worries kids. We're good for awhile. If something happens, RP will probably just buy the engine line! Stayed tuned as many different builders are installing the new packages right now. Elim. is gonna have a screamer FYI
Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT

Sure would be interesting to see what that Skater would do with the new package vs. the current set-up.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
From what I hear, the 725/Indy package is about the same price as the 700SCI/NXT. I like the Ilmors better because they will last longer than the blower Merc. Not only that but Ilmor rates the Indy to 1000hp so there may be a super Viper in the works they're gonna zap us with.
Your probably the #1 "super v10" guy. Seems as you really want to see it Cat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.