Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain/Mercury/Baja (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/213583-fountain-mercury-baja.html)

Smarty 07-30-2009 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Boss460 (Post 2921509)
Matter of opinion really. Ever heard of a man named Don Aronow? He would probably laugh at that statement.

I met Mr. Aronow as a child at the 188th Street plant; my father bought the first 20' Cigarette that Don made (and owned a 27' Magnum Sport for 18 years, plus a 16' Donzi, and two 18' Donzi's), so I know Aronow. I disagree, I have never owned a Fountain, nor do I have love (or hate) for Reggie. The bottomline is he helped raise the bar in V-bottom performance boats. Skater took it to another level (in catamarans), but that is a different thread.

I will stick with my comment, factually accurate is right. Your opinion is just different from the facts. Have a good summer.

RaggedEdge 07-30-2009 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2921839)
So !

You need to post a larger version of Mrs. Perfect's shirt!

I can't read the bottom line, and think it is something worth reading.

phragle 07-30-2009 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 2921800)
Don who? nope never heard of him. I know a Don Ho, he used to be a singer on the island of Hawaii.

I do know his daughter is hot...

http://license.dashgo.com/Images/Use...000_dashgo.jpg

BenPerfected 07-31-2009 07:12 AM

Is that Reggie's chain?

NASCAT 07-31-2009 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2921893)
You need to post a larger version of Mrs. Perfect's shirt!

I can't read the bottom line, and think it is something worth reading.

The bottom line is quite important!

Dock Holiday 07-31-2009 09:26 AM

The performance boat world started before most of the players alive today were born.

Just go up to the boat museum in New York and look at the large wooden boats with Packard V-12 engines that ran 70 MPH back in the 40’s and 50’s.

Don Aaronow in my opinion did more than anyone to establish the concept of performance boating as we know it today and bring us the icon brands we know.

I feel it is much larger than just one man or just one company.

satisfied1 07-31-2009 09:49 AM

Stir stir stir

augie58 07-31-2009 10:17 AM

Isn't Brunswick/Mercury holding a large amount of Fountian debt besides the Faja deal?

mikes280 07-31-2009 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by fountainracing65 (Post 2920743)
And one last note. The only reason anyone THINKS they know all there is to know about Fountain, Merc, Brunswick is because they are public. People are noisy and like to spread rumors and gossip.

Is your name Reggie , cause you are the one that seems to be the all knowing one around here.:eek:

fountainracing65 07-31-2009 03:05 PM

well for example.....AUGIE58 just made a comment....doesnt merc hold a bunch of debt for Fountain. Outside of the day to day billing NO they dont. Yes Brunswick gave Fountain a loan for I believe 18 million. In exchange for the POSSIBLE exchange of stock. Fountain repaid the debt and Brunswick choose not to take the stock. Once again all public information. Im sure no different than all other boat builders do buisness. The only beef I have is everyone is so fast to jump on these threads and stir crap. Can we see Outerlimits money trail? Cigs money trail? I am sure its very simular. My point is Fountain has opened there books so everyone of the financial geniues on these threads can ask dumb questions as if they want Fountain to fail. Just like the threads on Lake Cummberland Marine. Does it make everyone feel good to read this crap? We are all on these boards because we love boats. BOATS!!! ALL BOATS. I wish there were more positive threads.