Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy? >

So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy?

Notices

So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy?

Old 08-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 1,320 Likes on 737 Posts

Originally Posted by carcrash
47 lightning...

But 1) Much simpler, 2) Smaller diesel engines for a 50 kt cruise, 60 kt top end, 3) Lighter lay-up enabled by the slower speed.

Twin staggered diesels to ASD drives.

It seems there should be no problem building the boat to a 7000 lbs. weight budget due to the reduced top end, and all the stuff left out.

Basically get rid of everything below deck. Smooth finish the interior surface of the laminate under deck. Awlgrip it. Then just a nice comfy berth, an enclosed head with shower. No carpet, useless "galley", headliner, sofas, ...

Two bolsters and a bench in the cockpit, with some open space between. No carpet, no padding, just smooth fiberglass and non-skid floors.

Smooth finished and awlgrip engine room. Two staggered engines, no generator.

Simple, fast (as fast as 100 miles offshore in the Pacific ocean allows), economical enough to use, reliable enough to use all the time.
+1
Banks Duramax
Old 08-05-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

id have em build me a 65 cruiser like they had a few years ago, i think they only made 2 or 3
Old 09-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope it's not too tacky guys... but I'd pick my boat as a tribute.

47CS with Arneson ASD8 Surface drives (16" offset)

Power?? No power as of yet... but I always wanted a set of T-53's in here... or maybe some 1350's. Either way, would be a great set up.

I've spent a lot of coin on this thing rebuilding it correctly. At this point, the interior is almost complete... I will post pictures next week once I get everything installed.

Also, I have posted it up on ebay for sale... this is one of those deals where if the right buyer comes along... it's sold. Otherwise, I will continue my beloved project and have it ready for next season. Link to ebay is below...

Ebay Auction - 47 Fountain Flat Deck - 47CS
Attached Thumbnails So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy?-0513090934b.jpg   So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy?-47-finished-5.jpg   So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy?-47-finished-2.jpg  

So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy?-bolster1.jpg   So in honor of Reggie, which boat would you buy?-asd8.1.jpg  

Last edited by TeamPSI; 09-11-2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 09-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by TeamPSI

Power?? No power as of yet... but I always wanted a set of T-53's in here... or maybe some 1350's. Either way, would be a great set up.

I've spent a lot of coin on this thing rebuilding it correctly. At this point, the interior is almost complete... I will post pictures next week once I get everything installed.

Also, I have posted it up on ebay for sale... this is one of those deals where if the right buyer comes along... it's sold. Otherwise, I will continue my beloved project and have it ready for next season. Link to ebay is below...

Ebay Auction - 47 Fountain Flat Deck - 47CS
good luck w/your project.real sweet looking fountain.i like the green and black.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

38 Lightning W/ 850's #6's
Old 09-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamPSI

]
That's pretty bad ass. The colors look really good.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

47 with T53s BPM drives and rudder bustle.

Radar arch representin old school Fountain cool.

Full zoot cabin with white Elvis concert suit on display and black velvet everwhare I say everwhare son.

Thank you verrr much.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

INXS was my favorite fountain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.