If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    02 Cigarette Mystique T/S
    Naples, Maine

'87 Checkmate 25 Convinsor value?

Found a nice old '86 or '87 25' Checkmate Convinsor. Fresh water since new. Been sitting on the top rack of a very clean inside boat storage facility for close to 10 years. Low hrs, 380 or so.

It must have been a pricey piece when new as it has a Mercruiser Hi Performance 400 hp Cyclone (454 or 482?) BW trans and TRS drive.

I'd like to buy it, wake it up and play with it for the rest of the summer. What would be a realistic offer and what could I expect to sell it for, say 6 mos or so down the road?

Thanks in advance,

Registered Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    32 Fountain Fever
    Central New York
    Not sure on a price, but a friend of mine just bought one here in NY. It's a 1990 25' Convinsor with a 454 mag/ bravo 1, extremely clean except for the sunpad (some tears) and new paint within 5 years I would say, no scratches and looks new. Picked it up for $13,500. Hope that helps some! Let's see some pics if you get it!!!

Charter Member #655 Charter Member dyno's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 Sonic 31ss
    Holland, Michigan
    Michgan is the Checkmate capital of the world they are everywhere,with the market like it is it would be lucky to bring 10k around here. I had a 253 in the early 90's loved it the older 25's are faster but a little unstable with the width differance.
    If your boat has a sail do you ride a horse to the ramp?