If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Platinum Member Platinum Member 26sonic's Avatar
    My Boats:
    boats, cars
    poughkeepsie, ny, usa

key largo lodging ?

going to key largo next weekend (fri-sun)was wondering if anyone can make any recommendations on the following list of places i came across :
    ( 1) kelly's
    (2) key bay harbor lodge
    (3) bay breeze
    (4) rock reef resort
    (5) island bay breeze
    or any other places , please include the phone # if possible , thanks very much.
    forgot to mention don't need docking space .
    Last edited by 26sonic; 04-01-2002 at 09:18 PM.

Just returned from the FPBC Easter Poker Run. We all stayed at the Key Largo Marriott Resort. The property is perfect!. We also had lunch at the Westin Resort, also a very nice place. I would highly reccommend either place. PS both had limited locking.

Enjoy the show VIP Member Ron P's Avatar
    The Joisey Shore
    If you have an hour to kill and your in the area you might want to check this out.

Check out hotels on There are a lot of them.

Don't forget to Scuba in Pennicamp state Park.

See Gallery section in left margin, places to visit in the Keys. If in Largo best food at Sundowners and Buzzards Roost.

Not sure what the name of the hotel is but i think it is a Howard Johnson's,it is just south of the Fish House on A1A on the right side of the road,there is a big concrete lookout tower right next to it .I stayed there on my way down to the Worlds last year,pretty cool place and great veiw and tiki bar.

I was at the Marriot when you guys came in and saw some of you at Coconuts later that night. We were with the Wildhorses in their 31 Formula. Which one of those bad boys was you?

As far as lodging, the Westin is beautiful but rooms are hard to get and start at $180 per night. We had a townhouse for a month at Moon Bay (just north of the Marriot) rented from a private party. Split between 2 couples worked out to $50 a night with its own slip. Docking by Cocunuts is $2 per foot or a minumum of $68 per night.

For food, Sundowners(all you can eat fish fry on Fridays), Hobos (try the Dolphin sandwhich), Latin club at Jewfish bridge. Or head 20 miles south to Islamorada to Whale Harbor for $25 all you can eat seafood.

The nightlife is pretty slow with Coconuts being the closest thing to a nightclub. Shoot me an email and Ill give you my number if I can help any further.

Charter Member Charter Member ActiveThunderTodd's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '99 32' Active Thunder
    Roscoe, Illinois
    I've stayed at the Mariott and the Westin. I liked them both very much. The Westin has better dockage.

My Boats:
    1993 Stryker
    Prospect, Ky
    460 this is the place to go in the keys Doug