Hey Bill you could always stop by Ole Plank and help us rig the new hull. hhaahhaa . Dad has a 11.2 deck combo in his head he is wanting to try , talk to him for some ideas. 1000hp and no blowers
Come on down or over when u can ,Wild Bill, here is a pic of Oscar without his garbage can lid, I mean Rudy yesterday getting our rag ready for our weekly early dismissal Friday afternoon southern Bay blast!
We can surely substitute Goose for our chilled Kettle shots when were back and on the lift!
[QUOTE=Panther;2920708]The big chiefs make power but have severe valve angles with long/thin valve stems so they wear the guides quicker than most heads.... I think the 50 hr assessment is pretty accurate from what I've expienced with my buddies old big chief headed engines. They made power but you were always on top of it.
Panther never had a clue the BIG CHIEFS were such a maint item other then a valve adjustment every 30 hours ...
Was SOLD on the LARRYYS ENGINE & MARINE MAGIK ...
Yep, all Titanium in the heads. We are making 1185hp with 11 pounds of boost so I am pretty happy. I think after 13-14 psi of boost the roots blowers get pretty hot and don't make much more power. Do you have cupranickel intercooler cores??? They are a little pricy but I believe worth it.
Larry has made my ex Sterlings come to life.......take his advice and you will be a happy man next year. I just pulled those 39 Herrings up to 160 and had another 400 rpm to go. If you need anything else bro let me know....
A HAPPY MAN NEXT YEAR
Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 07-30-2009 at 07:16 AM. Reason: pic download
If you're a gear-head type of guy they can work out but if you're the guy who likes turn-key I'd go in a different direction. My buddy was running 700+ lift, solid roller, NA'ed and he would adjust valves every season and have the builder completely rebuild the heads every other season and put in new roller lifters. On that maintenance schedule he was able to get them to last.
Regardless of the heads, it doesn't appear they were the reason your engines melted down. It looks like it was the setup, at least in my non-professional assessment.
Bill, I was staying out of it until you quoted me. I stand behind that PM to you 1000%
It is tough to get into an argument with you because you lie, plain and simple. I'm going to go through a few things and after that I am done.
1. Never, ever, did Larry tell you to, "send them back and I will re-engineer the pistons". Never!
2. I believe in one of your last posts you said you wanted Larry to tune for mid range cruising but he couldn't because he would, "have to write a whole new program". Program??? There is no program!!! It's a dyno and you aren't fuel injected!!
3. Please don't say you had no idea about the Big Chief heads. EVERYONE knows they require more up keep than standard heads, so please, don't play dumb.
4. Every time I see you type, "I could have stayed with the last motors and been happy". Bill, you couldn't break 130, that's why you wanted your motors done in the first place. If your 40 Skater couldn't break 130, you had some issues....
5. Larry has no idea where you keep saying 200hrs on the motors??? No way in hell would he tell you 1300+hp blower motors on pump gas are gonna last 200 hours!!!
6. I have to question your ability period if you went through 4 or 5 trannys in the span of a few weeks.......
And Bill, in one of Gary's last posts, he simply said you were in contact with Larry to get a bill paid and you said you would as soon as your wife got back in town. He was NO WAY attacking your wife......
I'm sure you are going to tear apart my post piece by piece and type some more sh*t that nobody can understand, that's fine. Anybody else who questions Larry's ability to build motors, come on over to the west coast, we have a couple Skaters you can run........matter a fact, we are bringing one out to you at Lotto.
good luck on your project .....
I'm Liking Jeremys idea with the Lambo and gonna take the girls & hit Harrahs in Joliet this afternoon
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine