Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 08-07-2009, 06:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

If this helps him deal with this mess, i don't see a problem with him posting.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:45 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
why should he step away? the guy spend an ass laod of money and ended up with an abortion.Although the fighting seems childish to you, the frustration on bills end is justified.Now the builder says he's over the top and out of control? The freakin engines were sent out with the wrong timing,jet sizes ect, ect !!!Every thing should have been checked before those motors were shipped across the country.Where the hell were you when he posted the fact his motors arrived with one bolt holding them down on the crates?? Is this the kind of stuff you would put up with after spending$$$$$$$$$

Come on man there is a serious denial problem on the builders end sending the motors out like that.
I have no dog in this fight but I spent 40k on my motors and didnt cry when they were only supposed to cost me 25k.I spent the dollars recieved my engines and they ran like pisss.It cost me another $2500 to straighten out the motors (used spark plug wires) and I luckily have been runnin hot ever since. Im definately no engine guru but,if you are writing the check there is some accountability due on the builders part.Handshake guarantee's are not the way to fly bro.

Any builder selling over big power should be flying out after the install and tuning those motors under real conditions. Period !

If the combonation Bill had was not worthy,why didnt the builder express his concerns???? Instead they sold him an exspensive head job,the motors grenade and now the customers adick?????
Thanks Bryan and all very good points , in a perfect world the Timing would of been set at 27 degrees before leaving LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE and she'd still be running but that was'nt /is 'nt the case here ... I had no problem with paying for parts,shipping ,etc to get back together and boating again and not lose the 2009 season ... a perfect scenario for both parties involved may have been if the builder had suggested hey if you RHR pay for the parts pistons,rings,gaskets,valves,wrist pins,(all hard parts) and shipping on the motors back & forth to Tuscon we here at LARRYS ENGINE AND MARINE will supply the labor to long block and dyno these engines again ( no real out of pocket cost except payroll for Larrys engine assembler ) and get them motors back in that boat and get to the LOTO SHOOTOUT and represent LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE out there and kick some Butt .....

And a thread could of been started instead that went a lil like this ....
A big thumps up to L*****engine we had had some motor problems ,everything was worked out ,everybodys happy, boats on the water again and this guy is the man .....U need any work done dont hesitate to call them ...

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-07-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: had to finish the dream i was having
Old 08-07-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bravo- There are over 62,000 threads on this forum alone. So if you're tired of this one, click on something else.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

I joined this site oct 2000, since then I never seen so much ***** fighting in my life. The word Gentlemen escapes me. Both parties involved have voiced a Large Opinion, there is no more to say. Lick your wounds and go on. Court is next.
WOW people, just look at what this has become. A shame how adults can act when money is involved.

Skullcrusher, when a thread consumes the board, tends to get stupid like children fighting. OSO should just kill this. Thank for your strong support though.
B3
Old 08-07-2009, 12:59 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Bravo III
I joined this site oct 2000, since then I never seen so much ***** fighting in my life. The word Gentlemen escapes me. Both parties involved have voiced a Large Opinion, there is no more to say. Lick your wounds and go on. Court is next.
WOW people, just look at what this has become. A shame how adults can act when money is involved.

Skullcrusher, when a thread consumes the board, tends to get stupid like children fighting. OSO should just kill this. Thank for your strong support though.
B3
A shame how adults can act when money is involved.

Or when they close there checkbook and say NO MORE enuf is enuf ..
Thanks for your concern BIG Daddy ,sounds like a good time to call my Dad and thank him for raising a son who sticks up for himself and whats right, and not some PUZZY that runs and hides from a few phone call and threats ..

And i have to agree with SKULLCRUSHER if you dont like the thread SKIP IT theres tons more and if OSO feels the need to KILL it so be it its a boating website and even has a BEWARE & STOLEN FORUM to make other boaters aware of problems ,and a member in plain english was PHUCHED and plenty of pics,emails, atachments to back up all my Facts ..have a great weekend and enjoy your boat ...

U joined in 2000 so that makes you a better man ??????:cuqui:
I would'nt wish this cluster phuch on anyone but i would like to see you thru it and see if your opinion changes any ...... There are other engine bldrs that have mentioned on the phone to me they have had things go wrong and have worked with/or eaten the damage/problem to move on and good faith ...

I will be heading out the door in just a bit for a weekend at the Wisconson Dells waterparks (remember im boatless) with the kidz before they go back to school
i will check in when i can and see what ya came up with BIG Daddy ......
PEACE OUT

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-07-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Registered

I will be heading out the door in just a bit for a weekend at the Wisconson Dells waterparks (remember im boatless) with the kidz before they go back to school
i will check in when i can and see what ya came up with BIG Daddy ......
PEACE OUT
-----------------------------------------------------

SOOOOOO.....

Your the famous Boatless????? (lol, inside joke with a few west coasters)

Have a great weekend and I hope your up and running soon...

Last edited by VegasHallett; 08-07-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:27 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

And we go on, and on , and on.
Runnin Hot, please go have fun with your kids at the dells, very nice there this time of the year. Thumbs up for the kids.
Later on and the best of luck with the remainder of the year.
B3 I'm out of here.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Bravo,
Nothing personal towards you but I think this thread is important. This is where people that spend hard earned money on boating come. I'm all for more information being out there. Yes, it is up to each reader to consider the source when reading a post but so be it. I don't know either party, but I'd like to see all the info laid out so everyone can make his own opinion.

Last edited by Skullkrusher; 08-07-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

speed service engine works elston ave. chicago il
Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher
Bravo,
Nothing personal towards you but I think this thread is important. This is where people that spend hard earned money on boating come. I'm all for more information being out there. Yes, it is up to each reader to consider the source when reading a post but so be it. I don't know either party, but I'd like to see all the info laid out so everyone can make his own opinion.

I agree with you 100%.. I am sure there are many that are happy with Larry.. Bill got a raw deal. Who is 100% right or wrong... We don't know...
This Thread makes me aware of a lot of things.. Before I go blow up the 60k I just spent on my stuff:
1. Is my timing set right?
2. Is the fuel I am using right for my motors
3. I will run it for a few minutes then pull some plugs and check a few things out. I like these threads. I learned a lot off the BAM trannie thread.

There is a lot of good point thrown in the mix to enlighten a lot of us " less Knowledgable" people aware of things to look out for..

Please continue on!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.