RHR, let's address your timing issue that you think is your smoking gun.
1. Timing was set to exactly what Larry told you, 32 degrees, IF you were going to run half an half water/meth. That is what an injection system does, allows you to run more timing so you aren't leaving power on the table.
2. The mixture of half and half was very specific. If you run full meth you are going to run lean.
3.Larry told you if for some reason you were not going to run the injection system, YOU MUST back the timing down.
4. Like I/we have said before, with a boat full of fuel, 5 people, and at around 90mph it is going to be very tough to keep boost below 5 pounds. The older classic decks like to hop around below 90, and the only way to take some of the hop away is to bury the nose, which will obviously put more load on the motors, raising the boost. If you turn slightly, your boost comes up, sh*t you look at the boost gauge and it comes up.
5. The Kentucky run was a long one. In trips or a trip prior to the run you had told Larry you were using alot of Meth. Now, of course you don't care about the cost of the Meth, but the tanks only hold so much, so you wanted to conserve it in the first part of the run so you could run hard later on.
6. In a earlier post someone remarked about the quality of LOVES gas. I'll tell you, if you were so up on having low maintence motors, why did you want 1350hp on pump gas??
All the money we spend on these boats it AMAZES me why people want to run sh*t pump gas.
You keep saying that Larry ordered all the parts for you but never charged you because he was planning to eat it and only changed his tune when Stephanie found out. He wasn't worried about getting paid at that exact time, he just wanted to get you back on the water, after that, you guys would square up then.
You also say that you tried to get ahold of Larry on a Friday but he was working on his truck? RHR, Larry has no truck, He is a car guy, so I'm not sure were you got that. Only one guy at his shop has a truck, and it is a new GMC.
Also, I'm not down playing the amount of money you spent, but when you said you did everything Larry wanted to do, that is false. One thing was getting rid of the Merc ignition. I know you have seen those one the dyno hop back and forth in timing. I know yours ran 200 hours......just because it ran doesn't mean it wasn't worn out.
One last thing. Larry never, ever, told you to send him back the motors so he could redesign the pistons. That is a flat out lie. Let's just say, for your sake, he did say that. Why then, did he order you the EXACT same ones that came out of the motors if they were so wrong???