Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 07-29-2009, 01:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that Sux Sh*t Bill . All that paint work and prep you did over the winter to have your boating season cut short by Sh*t work done by someone you trusted and paid alot of $$.
I would agree with Gino and go with Sterling next time.Have only heard Great things about Mike D`s work.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bill this sucks and its the kind of luck I usually have, 15k on my Race car motor and I got 5 passes out of it . I knew it was a grenade when I built it though. Go see Dave W, he is a good ole boy and stands behind his work. He tells you what you need and thats it, he does the whole job and thats why he stands behind it. If I where going with Blowers or some trick combo he would be the one I chose. But these stock 4.3 liters i don't need anyone special.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
:, please give DEAN GELLNER a try he helped gerry out and others .I pissed reading this I feel for you bro, I just wished you gave Dean a try 1st when we talked instead of this piece of chit. call me art 617 833 3327 man sorry
Not to stir the pot but I have a friend that has two 1100's at Deans since Last November/December.. He had to fly out there last week to get some answers.... And still has NO motors.... So I think all engine Builders may have a few bones in the closet not many talk about!!
Old 07-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SAFA 1
x2 100% agreed, sorry to hear that bill , just come down to havasu and take the boat out anytime , dont let this ruin your season
Thanks James , now thats an offer that can't be refused ...
Old 07-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mmareno
Not to stir the pot but I have a friend that has two 1100's at Deans since Last November/December.. He had to fly out there last week to get some answers.... And still has NO motors.... So I think all engine Builders may have a few bones in the closet not many talk about!!
I hear ya Mario its hard to make everyone happy but when you pay for complete motors ready to drop in and the motors ran 200 hours plus with more jet and exact same water & meth set-up .mmmmmmmm makes ya wonder
Old 07-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Big Chief stuff usually run around 30 degrees.If it is 14 degree or less Big Chief stuff they like 28 degrees timing.As far as the jets thats way to small.Fuel pressure should be at 7.5 to 8 lbs.For the hell of check your fuel tanks for ****,Skaters have a tendency to have fuel tank issues with Ethanol.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE= I knew the LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE cheerleader would show up [/QUOTE]

That is a classic.

Last edited by BraceYourself; 07-29-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Big Chief stuff usually run around 30 degrees.If it is 14 degree or less Big Chief stuff they like 28 degrees timing.As far as the jets thats way to small.Fuel pressure should be at 7.5 to 8 lbs.For the hell of check your fuel tanks for ****,Skaters have a tendency to have fuel tank issues with Ethanol.
Thanks JC , and we run regular fuel filters and an addtl 100 micron on each tank and the fuel tanks were just redone by SKATER .... new filters & check valves were put in along with the new motors
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by niceguy
Sorry but Big Chief motors with small combustion chambers do not like timing, especially with boost. I am shocked he originally told you 34 degrees!!!

Depending on how much boost, I'd say start witha max of 26 degrees and go from there. They dyno'd these motors right? How they didn't melt it down with that much timing and any significant amount of boost, is beyond me.

I hope you get it all worked out, sounds like you got some very nice hardware there.
They dyno'd these motors right?

I'm starting to think the same thing Bro motor came back at 34 degrees timing,never recieved the Vid or pics of the dyno pulls,1 blower was siliconed and torqued at 16+ lbs the other no silicone and only hand tight I will dig up the 34 degree timing email and post it
Old 07-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

speed service engine works , elston ave. chicago. smart, honest, and a super nice dyno room.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.