Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know much about this stuff, were they RunninHot, Bro ?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

real funny DIK
Old 07-29-2009, 12:50 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Panther the repair to heads was done after the meltdown and was needed to clean-up the chambers and NO WELDING OR MILLING was done would of had no reason to work on heads only had 3 hours before they were torched

Makes no sense to open up the chambers and put a .078 head gasket and BAND-AIDE a too high compression problem that was there from day 1
If the repair to the heads were done afterwards there's no reason for anyone to even bring it up... No doubt the heads had to be repaired after a melt-down like that...

If you're lucky the detonation didn't hammer the rods so bad that the crank is messed up... With a few new pistons you might be able to do a quick re-fresh with rings/bearings and hone on the cylinders and you're back in business.....

Did it once on mine cause I forgot to turn on the aux. fuel pumps and whammo... Melted two pistons on one and lost head gasket on the other. It was my own fault and I take credit for the mistake but like I said earlier, little mistakes become big real quick.

Lucky for me, when I was doing the builds I opted to order 4 extra pistons and I kept them on the shelf. JCPERF turned the engine around for me in a day and I re-installed for the following weekend. It pays to have your builder nearby!

I know what you're going thru and I sympathize... I do all my own work and it's blood sweat and tears..... Money is tight so this winter I'll be forced to even do my own engines again.... It blows but whatcha gonna do.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Panther
If the repair to the heads were done afterwards there's no reason for anyone to even bring it up... No doubt the heads had to be repaired after a melt-down like that...

If you're lucky the detonation didn't hammer the rods so bad that the crank is messed up... With a few new pistons you might be able to do a quick re-fresh with rings/bearings and hone on the cylinders and you're back in business.....

Did it once on mine cause I forgot to turn on the aux. fuel pumps and whammo... Melted two pistons on one and lost head gasket on the other. It was my own fault and I take credit for the mistake but like I said earlier, little mistakes become big real quick.

Lucky for me, when I was doing the builds I opted to order 4 extra pistons and I kept them on the shelf. JCPERF turned the engine around for me in a day and I re-installed for the following weekend. It pays to have your builder nearby!

I know what you're going thru and I sympathize... I do all my own work and it's blood sweat and tears..... Money is tight so this winter I'll be forced to even do my own engines again.... It blows but whatcha gonna do.
Pistons & wrist pins were sent to J & E and inspected and given a DOA (DEAD ON ARRIVAL ) on all 16 and i was told by Larrys ENGINE & MARINE that they were having J & E pistons made them immed and it was my responsibility for the Casidium wrist pins that turned BLUE from the heat and to call Procision products in NC and order 2 sets of 991 coated so i did and put them on my CC paid in full and there here ...

Who would of thought to order 16 extra pistons and 1000.00 in spare wrist pins just in case

If it was my fault would'nt have a problem with it , but have had motors built/dyno'd /shipped from Lake Havazoo ,Nevada, Texas , and they were sent ready to redress & install in the boat and in 3 different boats never touched timing,or jetting

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 07-29-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Pic download
Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lol
Old 07-29-2009, 01:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CcanDo
Don't know much about this stuff i'm just an A-hole and a mouth ,screwing guys like LEON D but were they RunninHot, Bro ?

Really cant tell i dont know much about this motor stuff thats why i pay people to do it but remind me about it perhaps KEY WEST and we can discuss it and drinks will be on you
Old 07-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Size Matters
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Panther the repair to heads was done after the meltdown and was needed to clean-up the chambers and NO WELDING OR MILLING was done would of had no reason to work on heads only had 3 hours before they were torched

Makes no sense to open up the chambers and put a .078 head gasket and BAND-AIDE a too high compression problem that was there from day 1
Hey Bill Sorry for your f*** up boating season those pics are ugly!! MARK SAID THAT YOU TORCHED A SET OF MOTORS BUT DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE THIS BAD !! Sounds like the motor guy didn't know what he was doing and to his other partner that had to chime in with his 2 cents,,, If I know Bill he will have the fastest canoe on the river!!

NEXT YEAR HE WILL HAVE BIGGER PADDLES AND REALEY SMOKE UR A***
Attached Thumbnails BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-080216175953.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lol
Old 07-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bigracks
Hey Bill Sorry for your f*** up boating season those pics are ugly!! MARK SAID THAT YOU TORCHED A SET OF MOTORS BUT DIDN'T KNOW THEY WERE THIS BAD !! Sounds like the motor guy didn't know what he was doing and to his other partner that had to chime in with his 2 cents,,, If I know Bill he will have the fastest canoe on the river!!

NEXT YEAR HE WILL HAVE BIGGER PADDLES AND REALEY SMOKE UR A***
BIGGER PADDLES are awesome !!!!! and i'm likin your idear and with the HUGE tunnel and jet ski intake i wont have to move for any of the bastages ....
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bill-
What an ordeal!

Maybe Ccan will sell his engines to you: they've been engineered and engineered and....well, you know.
Seriously, they're great folks and I admire their work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.