Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 07-30-2009, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmareno
Thank God!!! The unscensored took a HUGE hit this week from all of this Problems with the boat.. I was ready to send you my motors to get you back in the unscensored faster!!

Come to MD and relax for while!!
Come to MD and relax for while!

I just might take you guys up on that Bro, it will be a good time to open a can of WOOP AZZ on the Talon up there , and if they can talk ZASTROOW into bringing the MT! Rudy is trying to talk me into dragging the SKATER and motors to Deleware and he'll get everything rebuilt and back together while we partay & take very good care of Glens BAYHOUSE ...
PARTY ON .........

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 07-30-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spel check
Old 07-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Come to MD and relax for while!
I just might take you guys up on that Bro, it will be a good time to open a can of WOOP AZZ on the Talon up there , and if they can talk ZASTROOW into bringing the MT! Rudy is trying to talk me into dragging the SKATER and motors to Deleware and he'll get everything rebuilt and back together while we partay at Glens BAYHOUSE ...
PARTY ON .........
NOW THAT CAN HAPPEN.. Rudy will get you dialed in.. There are a few that can get you Running Hot again around here..

Big Poker Run coming up on Aug 28th.. Rock the Bay... A lot of big Power Rolling in for that one... You should head down and let glen give you the 90 minute tour of the Chesapeake bay at 150mph!!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like these motors were just simply not built to ROCK ON?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Young Performance
How much power did they make Bill?
I just see to many areas for problems. Big chief heads, meth and water, big roots blowers, etc. It's not what I would build. That doesn't mean it will not work. I'm sure it can be made to work just fine. At that power level, I just try to keep it simple. The simplier, the better in my opinion. If one thing is just a little bit out of whack, it will melt down like it did. There is just to much to go wrong in my opinion.
MY 1200/1400 efi is simply a 598 ci with 23 deg heads, a hydraulic roller and a 5 liter efi Whipple. The ones in the 399 V actually made 1326 hp on 93 octane. We held it for as long as we could at 6400 rpm to be sure that everything had stabilized. The egt's had peaked and were actually coming down, so I was happy that the engine was safe at that level. Now it would still need to be checked in the boat to be sure everything was good. I would NEVER just cut a customer loose with that. I backed them down to 1229 hp, just because that is what the customer wanted and all he needed. I am absolutely not tooting my horn or saying I'm great, I just think there are easier and safer ways to make the power. It has knock protection, among other safety features, to help it live if something goes wrong. The carb engines have no safety measures. I' m also not bashing Larry. He may have this combo figured out, but if something beyond his control goes wrong, there is no safety margin. I think every engine like that needs to be run in the boat with the builder. I run every engine I build and 9 out of 10 get a little tweaking to get them 100%. Not only that, but I usually find something in the boat that is not up to the task of supporting that kind of power. There could easily be something in the boat that could cause a failure in the engine (to small of a fuel line, water line, etc), that is out of the hands of the engine builder. That is why I run every one of them personally.
Here is a perfect example: the 399 Skater I just did actually had pickups in the fuel tank that were to big. The pumps had problems picking up the fuel when it got to about 1/4 tank. It was causing the fuel pressure to drop. If the customer would have run it hard, it may not have lived. I ran the boat several times and was able to catch it before it caused a problem. I seriously doubt the customer would have noticed a 5 or 10 psi drop in fuel pressure.
This is all just my opinion. Everyone has one, good or bad. Again, I'm am NOT bashing Larry or patting myself on the back. This is just the way I see it.
Eddie
Thanks Eddie ,sounds like you go the extra mile and cut any problems off at the pass. She made 1350 hp on the dyno under constant boost and looks like she did'nt like 4000 rpm and 5 lbs of boost on pump gas Sounds like 1 helluva combination you have there and have talked to some of your clients and there TOOTIN there horns for ya ....

TOOT TOOT !!!! Stay in touch BIG Daddy & that SKATER V is the Chit

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 07-30-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

so i iz on the phone orderin a dart block yo rep, will the big chief head last on a marine big hp application he says hold on ------------------------------------------------------ no music either
comes back and sayd yep but need to keep an eye on them we have a few customers out there wit em. Timing needs to be on and valve's need adj guides inspected also.
Heads or tuning???
Thump on the sauce tonight
Old 07-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thumper038
so i iz on the phone orderin a dart block yo rep, will the big chief head last on a marine big hp application he says hold on ------------------------------------------------------ no music either
comes back and sayd yep but need to keep an eye on them we have a few customers out there wit em. Timing needs to be on and valve's need adj guides inspected also.
Heads or tuning???
Thump on the sauce tonight
May not be the sharpest pencil in the box but im gunna say the TUNE was Phuched ......

Correct me if im wrong but the friggin heads were on for 200 + hours ,no out of the ordinary issues other them checking/setting/adjusting rockers every 30 to 50 hours, ran over 6000 rpm,93 octane ,NOS , out of the box port,no fancy springs,titanium,berylium chit ... Now the heads get a fancy super duper LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE stage 3 port job ,all the fancy valves,oversize springs,lifters,bronze bushings,titanium, coated pistons,coated wrist pins, oilers, all put in the same blocks with same cams, motors in the boat have been up to 6000 rpm and hit 7000rpm 1x when a trans blew and the heads are now the pulled pin on the GERNADE
C'mon now last year 98 & 96 jets & .025 air bleed, new motor .037 & low 80s jets mmmmmmm ....

See what ya started Thumpr
Old 07-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Registered

More sauce tripple sec and what goes well lil tabasco weeeeeeee beem a lomg week
Old 07-30-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thumper038
More sauce tripple sec and what goes well lil tabasco weeeeeeee beem a lomg week
Look at the misspellings on this one , wait till Garry seas this post ROTFLMFAO
Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Sounds like these motors were just simply not built to ROCK ON?
Not this time BIG Daddy If we could just turn back time Hope your havin good luck & enjoying your new toy paint looks awesome .

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 07-30-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Registered

Keep posting all the pictures of the engines you trashed and all the money you pissed down the drain. I think it is really cool and it gives the rest of us a good education on what not to do.

Rock On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a blown engine nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.