Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

93, Meth and 110. Starting to sound like a Long Island Tea Big Daddy!

That sucks your engines melted away. I express my condolences and would not wish that on anyone (well almost anyone).

I know that Meth, Big Chief Heads, PSI Blowers and Monster carbs look and sound sexy, but why not get someone like Eddie to build you a set of those monster motors with the 5.0 Whipples. You could do 1,200 - 1,300 on pump gas and a bunch more on race gas. I got to sample a set of them down here on one of your Skater Brother's V boats. Nice EFI package that delivers the smackdown.

If you want to really run, have an extra tune for that 110. Looks like you got plenty of room in that big shop to store some of that
Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=40FlatDeck;2924553]By the look of your garage I can tell you are a "perfectionist"

Oh Chit the Tuscon cheerleader showed up
RAH RAH for LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE

Just for the Record ERIK since your motors are the same Block,pistons, heads built by LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE what is the TIMING set at on your BIG CHIEF HEAD MOTORS that you only run on 100 Octane AV GAS ???? mmm 34 Degrees ??? Tell the truth and dont forget you faxed me the dyno sheets with timing,fuel,jets,air bleeds ......

C'mon now BIG Daddy all these questions you P@lesmokers still have'nt answered about Timing from 34 degrees and NOW SET THEM AT 27 NO MORE THEN 28 DEGREES, 8.5 - 1 motor build that turned out over 9-1 compression but no problem we here at LARRYS just put a .078 head gasket and get ya bandaided and out the door

C',mon Biotch answer the questions ,lots of OSO members read these threads to Learn .. and only thing you can come up with is Yes we left the bolts out of the engine stand and shipped anyway SORRY and your worried about my GARAGE .... BL@w me

mmmm Does'nt look like anything wrong with my engine cradles other then FORGOT the bolts !!!!!! OUCH and you replied ERIK ..................

LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE Shipping a motor with bolts missing out of the engine stand .... but it was my engine cradles fault even though Larrys Fabricated & modified and got PAID IN FULL

BUT my cradles were at fault ?????????

Here is there reply from LARRYS ENGINE in TUSCON ....................

Come on bro.......

I agree shipping the motor with one bolt was wrong, I would be pissed too. And your right, Larry is responsible for his employees. Whoever did it made a mistake, plain and simple, but they are making it right.

But please don't come on here and say things like "I wonder if there are rod bolts missing too" Those are rock solid motors, 110% better than what they were. You brought them tired, mismatched motors, that you were not happy with......so please don't say you should have left them in there. I don't think you would be happy with a boat that didn't break 140....

I recommended them to you because they are one of the best at setting up what you have, a Skater that now has big power.

I'm sorry the shipping problem happened, but they are making it right. Be patient, put the motors in, and get ready to enjoy a 160+ Skater.....

Erik

So i offer to hire and pay someone in Tuscon to Video tape & take some pics of the motors on the dyno and you (ERIK) say you dont need to do that i will be there and do it and send them with your FED EX # .... Fast forward ERIK sayz oh crap i forgot the video camera and did'nt shoot a VID ... Not on 1 motor but on both motors maybe you could download it on this thread and we can see the LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE operation in progress ....
Dont keep the OSO community waiting BIG Daddy
Attached Thumbnails BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-pix-030.jpg   BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-pix-029.jpg   BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-pix-024.jpg  

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-pix-019.jpg  

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-04-2009 at 11:08 AM. Reason: forgot the cheerleaders
Old 08-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
By the look of your garage I can tell you are a "perfectionist"

Sh*t, the pics didn't show up.......
By the look of your garage I can tell you are a "perfectionist":

hERE YA GO big dADDY i found a few of the shop for you to PICK APART

FIRE AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh i just love mondayz
Attached Thumbnails BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-paint-pix-023.jpg   BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-pix-001.jpg   BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ?????-paint-pix-079.jpg  

Old 08-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=40FlatDeck;2924553]By the look of your garage I can tell you are a "perfectionist"

Ah lets try this one

Mr. 40 Skater/Flatdeck/Erik

I have not attacked Larry in any form. In fact I have complemented Larry at several points.

You attack Runnin Hot and now attack me.

Why do you have such a hard time staying on message versus personal attacks? Are you a politician or a news media person?

You and Bill have essentially identical motors from what I understand. Instead of literally not addressing any question presented to the builder- how about providing an answer to some questions- since your opinion is Runnin Hot is an idiot and- well you think something of me: Please provide this audience a piece of your knowledge and experience. You are in a position to ‘teach” us all something- step up to the plate:

1) What is your timing?

2) Is your cam advanced, neutral, retarded?

3) Your final compression ratio?

4) Why do you run aviation fuel? Is it easy to fill your boat because you have access to it or do you run it for the octane value?

5) Your peak boost values?

6) Jetting- primary and secondary. Air bleed values. PV values.

7) Methanol/ Water injection- ratios to gas? Trigger points? Variable?

8) Why is your tune different than Runnin Hots?

Even if we start with these simple components- you will most likely not answer any of them since you have not answered anything to date. You know that the motors that you and Bill have are nearly identical mechanically- you also know that the tune is different. (You see I even repeated it twice just for you)

What I am is not your concern and certainly not your place to make comments about me. But- I will say this- this is a “walk in the park/brain dead issue” compared to most daily issues I deal with.

You started the “complex” response – the first long page. I just thought I was responding in a language you understood. You have noted that my responses are hard to understand or can’t read them- You are either avoiding answering the questions and or countering hard facts with hard facts- or as you note you can’t understand them or read them. Which one of those three options is it?

For the record – I did tone them down- just to make sure you could understand them- at least I thought I did. Wow.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=ZXXX Donzi;2924555]93, Meth and 110. Starting to sound like a Long Island Tea Big Daddy!

That sucks your engines melted away. I express my condolences and would not wish that on anyone (well almost anyone).

I know that Meth, Big Chief Heads, PSI Blowers and Monster carbs look and sound sexy, but why not get someone like Eddie to build you a set of those monster motors with the 5.0 Whipples. You could do 1,200 - 1,300 on pump gas and a bunch more on race gas. I got to sample a set of them down here on one of your Skater Brother's V boats. Nice EFI package that delivers the smackdown.

If you want to really run, have an extra tune for that 110. Looks like you got plenty of room in that big shop to store some of that:evilb

Thanks BIG Daddy
Old 08-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

runninghot sorry but mr brad zastrow has informed me that i better be careful of sharing any experience or opinion of any oso advertiser as this would not be a wise thing to do.
Old 08-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2fastfountain
runninghot sorry but mr brad zastrow has informed me that i better be careful of sharing any experience or opinion of any oso advertiser as this would not be a wise thing to do.
WOW 2 Fast sorry to hear of all your problems and i feel your pain.... cant say i know any Rad Rastrow and have'nt got an email yet .... but i'll keep checking and my # is all over OSO .... Walk softly and carry a BIG stick .....
Old 08-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Big Daddy, just read all 26 pages… This sucks!!! Sorry for all of your $$$ and time wasted. Take care.

Bryan
Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fglightning
Big Daddy, just read all 26 pages… This sucks!!! Sorry for all of your $$$ and time wasted. Take care.

Bryan
26 pages OMG gonna have to ask Speedie to move it to the BEWARE/STOLEN FORUM or start one there ...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face

Surely this has another 10 or 15 pages left in it.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.