Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas  ????? >

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Notices

BIG Time motor problem ...any ideas ?????

Old 08-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1200 hp is not enough to make these boats haul as$ OR run with the big dogs, they need 1500hp each. IMO

However I've been wrong before
Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kennyo
Surely this has another 10 or 15 pages left in it.......
You could have had a really nice upper if you didnt spend all your time reading chit like this!
Old 08-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VegasHallett
1200 hp is not enough to make these boats haul as$ OR run with the big dogs, they need 1500hp each. IMO

Sounds like your wrong again BIG Daddy

Heres an email i dug up from from ERIK aka LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE to seal the deal on the HP & speeds the boat would run if motors were built 100% in LARRYS shop in Tuscon ....

No problem bro!!!! Larry is a great guy, I know you would be happy with him. No gimmics, just hard ****ing work from those guys. After going through my heads from Sterling we got 81 more horsepower from each engine along with a ton more reliability!!
Get it together for Desert Storm!!! I got rooms reserved bro!!! We will have a blast all week!!! Let me know.
Yep, all Ti in the heads. We are making 1185hp with 11 pounds of boost so I am pretty happy. Larry has made my ex Sterlings come to life.......take his advice and you will be a happy man next year. I just pulled those 39 Herrings up to 160 and had another 400 rpm to go. If you need anything else bro let me know....

Erik
520-907-39//[/QUOTE]

mmmmm vegas halet so u claim 1500 hp for the BIG DAWGS
so if LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE is claiming/selling 160 +mph in a 40 SKATER with there 1185s what #s can be expected from say my 1350s that they built ??? or these 1500s hp BIG DAWG motors should be in the 200 mph with 50% more hp ......
Old 08-05-2009, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VegasHallett

You are right in your assumptions.Bil will still argue with you till hes blue in the face.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by skater40
You are right in your assumptions.Bil will still argue with you till hes blue in the face.
I dont argue just stating the facts , care to explain your emails ??? your dodging questions again ...

so u claim 1500 hp for the BIG DAWGS out of LARRYS
so if LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE is claiming/selling 160 +mph in a 40 SKATER with there/ERIKS 1185s HP what #s can be expected from say my 1350s that they built ??? or these 1500s hp BIG DAWG motors that Larrys puts out .... with LARRYS ENGINE & MARINE experience and 1000s of hours of seat time this should be easy to answer ..you had the answers in November of 2008 when my deposit was given ...
Old 08-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=skater40;2925597]Quote:
Larry told you your distributors were junk and the timing had to be set in the boat at 4000 rpm.He said you did not want to replace your old style merc distributors with new MSD.
By the way-who checked the timing when you started them in the boat?

Larry told you your distributors were junk and the timing had to be set in the boat at 4000 rpm.He said you did not want to replace your old style merc distributors with new MSD.

*********thats news to me BIG Daddy your a funny funny guy dont think a few distributors would of put a damper on the build,seeing that all the other upgrades were OKd and paid for Keep in mind the same DISTRIBUTORS worked awesome the last 2 seasons 200 + hours .... Do you have any of that in writing about needing new distributors seeing that Larry wanted all corespondences in writing and directly from Larry to myself ...
And by the way were you there when he suposedly told me they were JUNK ??? Dont see any NOTE or anything mention on the PAID INVOICES of anything like this
You just thought of the distributors now? today ? should'nt it have been on the 1st page,1st post of your own thread with the shipping damage explanation and the bolts left out of the engine stand by a LARRYS employee ???
Your running out of excuses for your TIMING PHUCH UP in Tuscon ....
1st ESCUSE was 100% meth fault
2nd EXCUSE switch was off
3rd EXCUSE was held it at 4000 rpm 90 mph (should'nt do that )Dayum
4th EXCUSE was my children changed the tune (air bleeds & jets) OK
5th EXCUSE was old gas ( as per ERIK gasoline goes bad in 3 days)
6th EXCUSE is now my Distributors were old style merc ( but they worked on the same motors for 200 hours before LARRYS took it apart for the new build and they supposedly ran on the dyno )

Lets get real GARY ....... your boy new he fuged up when he spoke to me on the phone the morning of june 22 and said SEND THEM BACK WE HAVE TO REDESIGN PISTONS AND START OVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! apparently he knew the bigger gasket they used on the build was a BANDAIDE for the HIGH compression and the 40cc pistons they used really should of been 54cc from day 1 of the build
Now quit playing head games , your Boy agreed to eat some pistons ,rings,gaskets, and i was eating the head repairs,rebuilds, and the dyno pulls at the local engine shop , and i also got stuck with the new Casidium coated wrist pins too for a $$ 1000.00 since Stephanie did'nt want to eat them NO BIGGIE i bought & paid for them ... What happened was LARRY changed his mind over a few grand in parts after the local bldr in Waukegan found the 9.2-1 compression after the CC work was done and threw up a RED flag ..... Look forward to seeing you out on the pond BIG Daddy ..... PEACE OUT .......

So your saying GARY if you use MSD distributors on BIG CHIEF HEAD MOTORS set timing at 34 degrees ???
If you use the old style mercury distributors on BIG CHIEF HEAD MOTORS set timing at 27 degrees ???
But the motors left with mercury old style set at 34 degrees mmmmmmmmmmmmm now your really confusing me or just straight up full of chit ....

When you come up with Excuse #7 let me know i'll be in the Uncensored Section

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 08-05-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spel check
Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

If you were any kind of man,you would have called him on the phone to work it out.Instead you play these childish games on the internet and slam there reputation behind a key board.
Same bull s-it you did over a broken oil line.Grow up Bill-high school is over.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2925929]
Quote:

When you come up with Excuse #7 let me know i'll be in the Uncensored Section
ARE WE BACK UP AND RUNNING IN THE UNCENSORED SECTION!!! THANK GOD!! I HAVE BEEN THERE IN DAYS BECAUSE OF THIS!!! LMAO!!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WE ARE BACK!!!!!! I missed ya man... It feels like forever since you have been there!!! LMAO LMAO LMOA
Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

If you were any kind of man,you would have called him on the phone to work it out.Instead you play these childish games on the internet and slam there reputation behind a key board.
Same bull s-it you did over a broken oil line.Grow up Bill-high school is over.
Ditto, leave it alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.