April 13th Turns Into May 10th? >

April 13th Turns Into May 10th?

Notices

April 13th Turns Into May 10th?

Old 04-04-2002, 04:14 PM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default April 13th Turns Into May 10th?

Well I am sorry to announce that DEFYnGRAVITY's 38 Powerplay will not splash until May 10th It is not a $ issue on either Powerplay's or DEFYnGRAVITY's part. Tooling for the bathroom inner liner and delivery of a pair of BMAX drives is what is holding up the sea trial. Hats off to robbie he has the patience of a saint!
Old 04-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Registered

Robbie,

Patients is a virtue. Can not wait to see your results with those KE 675's. Good Luck.
Old 04-04-2002, 05:52 PM
Registered

Is that 2002 or 20??
Some things are worth waiting for... But I HATE WAITING...
Going boating tomorrow..

Last edited by PP RACE; 04-04-2002 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Registered

Did you change your mind Marvin??
Old 04-04-2002, 07:46 PM
ScreaminDemon

NOTHING is worth waiting 2 years for...sorry, what a shame.

Last edited by ScreaminDemon; 04-05-2002 at 04:49 AM.

Old 04-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Spitfire1
Did you change your mind Marvin??
Rich..
Maybe Saturday.. I'm trying.
Old 04-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Registered

This will be Robbie's second Powerplay.. Maybe he knows that the finished product is worth waiting for!
Old 04-05-2002, 01:42 PM
Whatdoin

It will be interesting to see if May 10th turns into June, then into July, then into August, then....

Old 04-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Registered

whatdoin,

It sounds like they have a pretty good idea on when the drives will be there and how much longer it is going to take to tool the liner. I do not see why it would be pushed anymore?
Old 04-07-2002, 12:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not waited 2 years for the 38', the boat was to be delivered on Nov 1st, it was not! ALL of the delay have been for the tooling for the interliner and then the bathroom. I have back off and let them finish the molds, there DONE, COMPLETE, and FINISHED! Now that they are complete the next boats will not have that delay in there production cycle. Our boat will not turn into June, July, or Later! We are planning to be at Lake Cumberland Memorial Day weekend for the "Awaking of the horses"!!! I will have the 38' for that event if we attend or we will be on a friend's houseboat on Dale Hallow lake with Defy'N Gravity tied up to the houseboat. The first poker run we will be Royal Purple Poker run approx June 22nd. PP is aware of our schedule and is working there tails off to meet our demands. There is a great group of guys & gals who working at PP, without there expertise' it would not be the boat that we've waited for. I can't thank them enough!!!!! As far as the rigging, most of the ground work has been completed, I spent all day Thursday & Friday with the riggers making sure they know what goes where, theses guys have been patient with me, I believe thay have approx. 30+ pages of wiring schematics and component placement that we've demanded! Anyone who knows me can confirm that I'm extremely anal! Bottom line is that it is a two way street. PP Race is right, this is the second PP we have had built, I know what I'm waiting for and PP knows what I expect. I spent Thrs. & Fri with PP and alot accomplished.

I'm not operating in a void, I have the current status as where things stand, as I stated at the begining of this post, "ALL of the delays up to this point have been the tooling", the boats behind ours will not have those delays to contend with! My problem is that I have very high expectations on PP 38' will the boat meet them? Time will tell! As the Prop turns!!!!
Robbie

PS here is the graffix