If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
    Northern NY
    Quote Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
    Wow, they have prop boxes too.

Sean it says they have hunter green, but I couldn't find it in the 5/8"? It's cool that they'll embroider the boat name for free.

I have a set of the Top Knot lines, use them as day lines, and have not been too impressed. One windy overnite and they were chaffed where they were on the dock cleat. Have another set in the slip from West Marine that are, IMO, much better quality. Nylon is much more abrasion resistant than poly. Just an opinion for what it's worth.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB

Drive to arrive alive!!! Platinum Member WARPARTY36's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2014 Cigarette 39 GTS
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleCry View Post
    I may be willing to give up my bodyguard duties for Pauly to come work for you. You definitely have a lot of talent on your boat. Have a Great Day Bubba

Big Andy
    Thanks Andy, we did have some nice seat covers that day

I think I'll try the myropes group.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    They call me BUBBA like one of them big ol' redneck boys............Can you believe that???

7,076 These lines BLOW!!! One tore on my boat as it was tied up at LOTO last year and scratched my new decal off the boat and the other four lines I have in my slip suck even worse. In a month they were faded and now they are literally falling apart. Total crap.

Diamond Member #001 Charter Member C_Spray's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2000 Formula 382 with Innovation 600's
    Coastal North Carolina
    Stop wasting money on the lines with the sewn loops. I've seen these break many times, no matter which company made them; they are simply not nearly as strong as the same size nylon.

Call Miami Cordage at (800) 226-7673 or (305) 636-3000 and ask for Joe. They are moving their web site (, so it's down right now.

They will make true double-braid nylon lines to your specifications (diameter, color, length and loop size) for prices that are competitive with the ready-made stuff. They even whip both the splices and the butt ends, so you can color-code your lines for different lengths, or whatever. They're used by the Navy, Coast Guard, Royal Carribean, Carnival and others - good enough for me!

Further details here.

Strength ratings:

3/8" nylon double-braid: 4,200#
    7/16" polypropylene: 3,200#
    1/2" nylon double-braid: 7,600#

5/8" polypropylene: 5,600#
    5/8" nylon double-braid: 13,500#

3/4" polypropylene: 8,800#
    3/4" nylon double-braid: 17,500#

These ratings are on new, non-sewn line. I don't know how much the sewing damages the polypropylene line, but all the failures that I've seen are right at the sewn area. Since the nylon eyes are spliced, strength should be about 80% of their original rating. From the pricing point of view, it all depends on if you look at it in terms of $/diameter or $/strength.
    Last edited by C_Spray; 08-03-2009 at 02:14 PM.
    Retired! Boating full-time now.

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    Mansfield, TX
    Let me guess, the white one's make you look fat?

Platinum Member Platinum Member Sea-Dated's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sold the Cafe' and boatless for now.....
    Tulsa, Oklahoma / GLOC
    Quote Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 View Post
    Thanks Mac. I guess I should have searched for mooring lines instead of dock lines
    I have had these for 2 years now and my Cig and I love them. They dry well, have not faded and float. I would buy more in a heartbeat from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12