Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat killer vs 40' Skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/214071-cat-killer-vs-40-skater.html)

RunninHotRacing163.1 08-04-2009 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo (Post 2925016)
Is catmando taking time out of his busy day of s*ckin obama shaft to talk chit about somebody he doesnt know? But then again...he knows everybody in the boating industry on a first name, text messaging, basis. My bad.

OH CHIT LAKEMO:poopoo::D:lolhit:

Keytime 08-05-2009 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2924167)
In this day a cat that runs 160+, while still impressive, it is just old news. Plenty of DIY'ers with some cash have made that happen. AquaMania knocking down a 204 mph run up here a couple weeks back is doing something.

But 160+ mph in a vee, not very many out there. Put things in perspective here and think about it.

Yeah, I'm more impressed by the V. Cats SHOULD run that speed, huh?

It might not kill every cat, but it probably kills a lot of 'em. :party-smiley-004:

I think Reggie is a funny little guy. JMO :grinser010:

Mike A. 08-05-2009 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2924946)
Represented Tom Newby's estate (RIP 9/11/07) so guessing ScarabJ and Mike A. aren't best of friends.

I do not know Scarab J, however, he owns a Nor-Tech which means I probably would like him because he obviously has good taste.

My point is that as a racer, Chairman/CEO of APBA, and now an attorney representing both sides in boating related wrongful death and severe injury cases I have seen a lot of terrible tragedy. So when we can take steps to avoid or minimize tragedy doing what we love, we ought to do it. Requiring life jackets and helmets when racing at 160plus mph is the least we should do.

carcrash 08-05-2009 02:14 PM

In the video, I never saw anything that implied the Skater was faster than the Fountain, but quite a lot that showed the Fountain pulling away easily, and handling the very few waves with aplomb. Quite an impressive piece for Fountain! Why is it on the Skater site? Well, I guess its pretty impressive that any cat can hang with the Cat Killer.

Seriously, both those boats were smoking! The Fountain was clearly faster, however.

Catmando 08-05-2009 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo (Post 2925016)
Is catmando taking time out of his busy day of s*ckin obama shaft to talk chit about somebody he doesnt know? But then again...he knows everybody in the boating industry on a first name, text messaging, basis. My bad.

You mean like sucking bu$h shaft like you STILL do? I go to boat shows and Offshore races so I do know quite a few people in the boating industry. Yeah your bad true dat.

Catmando 08-05-2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mike A. (Post 2925440)
I do not know Scarab J, however, he owns a Nor-Tech which means I probably would like him because he obviously has good taste.

My point is that as a racer, Chairman/CEO of APBA, and now an attorney representing both sides in boating related wrongful death and severe injury cases I have seen a lot of terrible tragedy. So when we can take steps to avoid or minimize tragedy doing what we love, we ought to do it. Requiring life jackets and helmets when racing at 160plus mph is the least we should do.

He called you an ambulance-chasing douchebag and you say you "probably would like him"?? But hey that's nothing compared to the names he's called me.

marylandmark 08-05-2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by mikes280 (Post 2925092)
well i have been in his boat a well over 100 and he drives gatorone's boat for most of the runs so tell me just what boat do you have and how fast is it

LOL- I have to say I never thought I would hear the name ScarabJ and slow boat (or implied) in the same post.

BigSilverCat 08-05-2009 05:27 PM

I will try to get this back on track.......an old, used, beat up skater 12 years old....... JC performance motors....how much worse could you pick something to try to out run someone with.......and they still were first to the bridge.....

and they were in first in sarasota at that poker run for the first 50 or so miles then blew both engines up... but they definately were in the lead,,,,, notice there is no wake or foam trail infront of them in my video.... the best part is everytime they go in the air they land on the gas.... where most of the wimps in here running there 70 mph boat would have let off and cleaned there shorts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIZyKsv5-A

JCPERF 08-05-2009 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 2925851)
I will try to get this back on track.......an old, used, beat up skater 12 years old....... JC performance motors....how much worse could you pick something to try to out run someone with.......and they still were first to the bridge.....

and they were in first in sarasota at that poker run for the first 50 or so miles then blew both engines up... but they definately were in the lead,,,,, notice there is no wake or foam trail infront of them in my video.... the best part is everytime they go in the air they land on the gas.... where most of the wimps in here running there 70 mph boat would have let off and cleaned there shorts.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIZyKsv5-A

Thanks for the compliment:eek:

carcrash 08-05-2009 07:43 PM

Wow! That is an amazing cat!

It sure is smooth water: I don't think I have ever seen the Pacific that smooth. So that's a what -- 45 footer? -- with maximum wave size of about a foot, maybe an 18 inch wake that one time. That sure looks like the right boat for flat water! Wow! I'd love a ride!!

In that super smooth water, it is obvious how the air entrapment really smoooooths the re-entry, and lifts the whole boat when the water it totally flat. No wonder those things go so fast!

I just think its boring to never see a swell. That's just me.