Notices

Cat killer vs 40' Skater

Old 08-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike A.
I am just glad nothing broke on the Skater, and that there were no rogue waves or wakes in the area because had something gone wrong, this entire thread would be about the 4 dead guys whose bodies were never found.
At those speeds, in an open cockpit, with no helmets, jackets can only make the bodies easier to find.

Nothing more.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:38 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
I marked it at 4.1 seconds Maxed out was behind Kitty Licker. You want to know how much faster Maxed out was going? You need to find out what the distance was when they passed CK.

Speed was reportidly 160(ish). At 163mph the boats will conquer 1 mile in a mere 22 seconds.

To beat 163 miles per hour in 1 mile (being 4 seconds behind) the Maxed out would have had to been going 200 mph.

At 2 miles they would have had to have been going 180.

At 3 miles they would have had to have been going 174.

AT 4 miles they would have had to have been going 171.

At 5 miles they would have had to have been going 169.

at 10 miles they would have had to have been going 166.

And so on and so on.....Of course, JC could just post the pics of the tattle tail, it would solve the question of how much faster they were going....You know he's got a pic!!!

I have to say (not being a huge fan of Reggie Fountain), the Cat Killer is an impressive (one off) boat. And hands down the fastest Vee bottom out there....I don't think anyone can argue that....But fastest performance boats (Fountains) built, as Reggie claims in his advertisements??? Hardley, and boarderline false advertisement in my opinion.
Originally Posted by mikes280
good point unless kittylitter slowed down
Folks...

This has already been explained time and time again....even the owner of the boat made a posting about it a long long long time ago... Kitty had the jump from the start and were out ahead, kitty blew up and Maxed finished first...

There was nothing to hide about this and the durability of the power was what allowed them to do what they did that day....

PS, I'm about 5:15 into the vid.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyIY_8vQ5io[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by Panther; 08-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ApachePete
At those speeds, in an open cockpit, with no helmets, jackets can only make the bodies easier to find.

Nothing more.

I think with the jackets on, the slim chances of getting lucky increase tremendously.

Without the jackets though, the chances aren't even slim.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cat killer vs Miss GEICO 3:26 into this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdhyFCB03wk
Old 08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It is sweet seeing those two boats going at it. What great pieces of craftmanship.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ScottB
Cat killer vs Miss GEICO 3:26 into this video
...and ends by 3:30
Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Registered

Is the cat killer faster than the Cintron vee?

Last edited by fantastixvoyage; 08-03-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mike A.
I am just glad nothing broke on the Skater, and that there were no rogue waves or wakes in the area because had something gone wrong, this entire thread would be about the 4 dead guys whose bodies were never found.
Yea and some ambulance chasing douchbag would be at the dock ready to sue everyone including god for the rogue wave..
Old 08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
Yea and some ambulance chasing douchbag would be at the dock ready to sue everyone including god for the rogue wave..
Well, most attorneys who you might consider "ambulance chasers" do not have the requisite skill, experience, or knowledge to handle such a case. In addition, G-d would not be sued, although some idiots have killed innocent people because they thought they were god. And, good thing there are skilled attorneys for families of the innocent victims to turn to when they are left without their husbands, sons, daughters, etc., through no fault of their own.

Not sure what your point was, but my point, perhaps too subtle for you, was that the captain of the boat should at the very least make sure his passengers wear helmets and life jackets when traveling at those speeds.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

In this day a cat that runs 160+, while still impressive, it is just old news. Plenty of DIY'ers with some cash have made that happen. AquaMania knocking down a 204 mph run up here a couple weeks back is doing something.

But 160+ mph in a vee, not very many out there. Put things in perspective here and think about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.