Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need boat house ideas and photos (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/214162-need-boat-house-ideas-photos.html)

Dredgeking 08-03-2009 09:34 AM

Need boat house ideas and photos

I have a buddy of mine that needs to build a new boathouse. He lives on the Calcasieu River in Louisiana and needs to put a lift in with the dock.

I told him I'd ask to see what other people had so he could get some ideas.

jmeng 08-03-2009 09:51 AM

Is his slip going to perpendicular to the river or parallel. I'd do perp if he has a choice. Just added a 2nd boat house at my parents camp and have a few pics on my home computer. Lundmar in Sulphur has great prices on the kits for the lift itself and great customer service. Call Ricky and tell him John Meng sent you, he's easy to deal with.

Dredgeking 08-03-2009 09:53 AM

He hasn't decided. The should be room to go either way. Most of our friends got their lifts from Lunmar.

jmeng 08-03-2009 10:06 AM

Are you doing the poker run over there this weekend? Its usually a good time. Headed over on Friday with the Party Barge.

Dredgeking 08-03-2009 10:29 AM

We might be having a party on the West Fork next weekend. The guy having the party tried to get his boat house on the list of stops, but it was too late. If he doesn't have the party, we will probably be hanging out at "Alligator Cove". Just head north through the salt water barrier and then go east to the levee instead of heading north up the river.

jmeng 08-03-2009 11:43 AM

I know there is one stop on the West Fork and another somewhere up the river near the saltwater barrier (English Bayou maybe?). Never been up the West Fork, hopefully someone on my boat will know where the hell they're going or I can follow someone.

Biggus 08-03-2009 02:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Someday, my boat house should look something like this!:drink::drink:

tblrklakemo 08-03-2009 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Biggus (Post 2923884)
Someday, my boat house should look something like this!:drink::drink:

That would be sweet.....you probably need semi constant water levels for something like that? Or is it full floating like our docks here in the midwest?

seafordguy 08-03-2009 02:59 PM

There is a thread titled "show me your houses where you keep your boats" or something like that that has a bunch of boat houses in it.

Search for it when you get a chance - some bad **** in there...

Dredgeking 08-03-2009 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2923915)
There is a thread titled "show me your houses where you keep your boats" or something like that that has a bunch of boat houses in it.

Search for it when you get a chance - some bad **** in there...

I looked through that one. I was hoping to find more photos of boathouses on rivers in flood zones. There are a lot of nice boat houses on lakes, but those don't really apply to what he is going to do.