Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A letter from a Mom at Puttin' on the Wish II, Lake Norman! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/214337-letter-mom-puttin-wish-ii-lake-norman.html)

PRINCESS TA 08-05-2009 10:23 AM

A letter from a Mom at Puttin' on the Wish II, Lake Norman!

My name is Kim Sanders. My son Chris Sanders, and my family (except me, who had to work) were able to attend the Puttin’ on the Wish at Lake Norman this year. I wanted to just write a quick “thank you” to all of the people involved in make this happen. The power speedboat ride that my son was able to experience is something that I know he will never forget! I was so excited just listening to him tell me how much fun he had out there that day. He was especially excited that he rode in the front of the boat! My husband was so grateful for the wonderful people who put this together for these kids. He couldn’t stop commenting on how friendly and caring everyone was to them. My children were beyond excited at the opportunity that you all provided to them to experience this.
I am not sure if I even wrote to the right person, but I hope so J So, from my family, we want to thank the Platinum Powerboat Club and everyone that made it possible for these children and their families to come and enjoy a day of food, fun and as my son said “awesome speed boat rides”.
( Chris was diagnosed with cancer last year, and it just brings tears to my eyes as I type, to know that there are people out there like you who care that much, to put on an event like this for him and all the other children out there who are going through a life threatening illness- THANK YOU!)
Kim Sanders.

This is why we do what we do! :)

SmurfOnABoat 08-05-2009 11:05 AM

Can you ask for anything more?

Glad to read this!

mikebrls 08-05-2009 01:31 PM

very nice :)
great work guy's and girl's

fantastixvoyage 08-05-2009 01:33 PM

That's what makes these events so wonderful, giving back to the community.

We should send this off to the lawyers that took away the Smoke on the Water from so many deserving children too...:hothead:

plumbers crack 08-05-2009 02:17 PM

Awesome,wish we could have made it!

J Arruda 08-05-2009 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by PRINCESS TA (Post 2925483)
My name is Kim Sanders. My son Chris Sanders, and my family (except me, who had to work) were able to attend the Puttin’ on the Wish at Lake Norman this year. I wanted to just write a quick “thank you” to all of the people involved in make this happen. The power speedboat ride that my son was able to experience is something that I know he will never forget! I was so excited just listening to him tell me how much fun he had out there that day. He was especially excited that he rode in the front of the boat! My husband was so grateful for the wonderful people who put this together for these kids. He couldn’t stop commenting on how friendly and caring everyone was to them. My children were beyond excited at the opportunity that you all provided to them to experience this.
I am not sure if I even wrote to the right person, but I hope so J So, from my family, we want to thank the Platinum Powerboat Club and everyone that made it possible for these children and their families to come and enjoy a day of food, fun and as my son said “awesome speed boat rides”.
( Chris was diagnosed with cancer last year, and it just brings tears to my eyes as I type, to know that there are people out there like you who care that much, to put on an event like this for him and all the other children out there who are going through a life threatening illness- THANK YOU!)
Kim Sanders.

This is why we do what we do! :)

We all had a lot of fun with the kids.
Would not miss it for anything. We will be back for the next event soon.

John Arruda

Audiofn 08-05-2009 09:07 PM

Congrats to all you guys!

RunninHotRacing163.1 08-05-2009 09:11 PM

Very cool ,congratz to all that participated ..