Cool Fountain Video From Jammin On The James 2009

Notices

Cool Fountain Video From Jammin On The James 2009

Old 08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainemp
there are those kind of owners with all brands.
not saying their aren't, but they didn't phuck up one of the best poker runs around did they? Yours did, and they stiffed the kids to boot.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I don't think anyone here (except maybe Rob ) dislikes Reggie or the boats. The boats perform well, and his 'tactics' sell boats. Personally, I think it was great he was there for the JOTJ'09. No less than 5 manufacturers were present with personnel on site including AT, Sonic, Sunsation, Cigarette, and Fountain.

The issue here is he has not kept his word. He turned the event into his own circus (which was turning a Party Poker Run into a Race/Speed Competition), and did not pay his dues (to the charity/kids). That's just plain wrong no matter where your fiberglass tub comes from.
Exactly right, and I don't hate the boats, beak boater has one of the baddest fountains I have seen, also Mac's old 42 "cost plus" was sweet as hell.

My issue is the way the two jackasses act, they wonder why they get laughed at and called names.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
ok. So there is a guy that would eat the canopy boat? His boat runs 132? 1075 mercs push a 42 full cabin lightning to over 140. FACTS are important.
You heard the guy in the canopy boat say... We ran about 121 here. Fighting Irish has been 132 NUMEROUS times with stick left. He has 1100's He didn't strut his ****. He came to have fun. He had NO intention on beating his boat to set the record straight... Reggie knows how to stir the pot.. Ok REGGIE YOUR THE FASTEST!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
Let me clarify my position as the President of the RPBA/Jammin on the James. I'm not bashing the Fountain brand at all. Some of my best friends own Fountains and one of them Bullhead here on OSO has a 09 42' Lightning that is a bad azz rig. Do they ride as well in the rough or have the cabin amenities of my Active Thunder NO. Are they faster than my Active Thunder YES. All personal preference and I've owned 2 Fountains and have nothing bad too say about either.
My problem is with Reggie not keeping a handshake aggrement with me. During our Poker Run at the lunch stop the first boats are supposed to go to the back corner and raft 5 deep until the basin is full. When I arrived about the 10-12th boat I asked the Marina owner why Fountain had taken the 3 slips in front of the pool and partially blocked the basin entrance. His response was "Mr Fountain said they are factory sponsors and these are his assigned slips". There are no assigned slips at lunch and Fountain Powerboats was NOT a sponsor of our event. He took those slips because they provided the most exposure for himself and allowed him to be the center of attention. I approached first Wyatt and then Reggie about there lies to the marina owner. Reggie aggreed to pony up the sponsor money for the disruption he caused and promised to mail it on the Monday after the run. Even after several reminders the money which is all donated to the Shriners for the childrens burn hospital has not been received.
Like Sydwayz said our run is a big "Party" poker run not a big "Dick" poker run and as long as I'm running it it's going to remain that way. Reggie, Wyatt and all there entourage acted like big "Dicks" at the big "Party".
there is no douht you are doing a good thing up there. i hate that things worked out that way. it sounds like it was a zoo. i have long wanted to do a poker run here and talked a little about it with bullhead when he still had his donzi. just never got motivated to do it. i know it takes alot of work to organize your run.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Registered

OK, to all the proud Fountain owners, Reggie Fountain owes the RPBA $1000.00 dollars so we can donate it to the Shriners Hospital.
So call him for us and let him know that you are disappointed in him for not standing good by his word that he gave us.
Lets see if your leader is as good as you all say he is.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excursion
OK, to all the proud Fountain owners, Reggie Fountain owes the RPBA $1000.00 dollars so we can donate it to the Shriners Hospital.
So call him for us and let him know that you are disappointed in him for not standing good by his word that he gave us.
Lets see if your leader is as good as you all say he is.
I borrowed a fountain for that run... IF Reggie can't buck up the $1,000.00, Let me know.. I WILL PAY IT ON BEHALF of Fountain.
I mean come on.. The camera's, Gold, Wyatt, All that Hardware they brought. All the fuel they burnt Obliviating everyone(as Wyatt so well put)..... They may just not have the $1,000.00 left in the pot to give to the children... But in all Serious... I Will cover his tab... I hate to see the children suffer because they ran out of money!!

Just let me know
Old 08-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

$1000 bucks for 4 front row parking spots. Where do i sign up?

Its a pain waiting for 100 boats to leave after lunch.

Beak you only have to wait for 99.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Registered

looked like the pretty girls were standing by the cigarette
Old 08-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Registered

Let me clarify the sponorship levels. All the other sponsors paid $2500.00 to the RPBA, Fountain only entered there boats as regular entry's. When they backed into Smithfield Station they told the dockmaster that they were "SPONSORS" which was a lie. So we confronted Reggie about this and why was he parked where he should NOT be, that is when he offered to donate $1000.00 dollars to our charity and said he would mail it out on Monday, how many weeks ago was that????? The money he was giving us was not for a sponsor but a DONATION on Fountain Powerboats behalf.

mmareno, you are truly a stand up guy and I wish that there were more of you in this world, thank you for your support.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainracing65
Well call me crazy but i am guessing a sure fire way to get the money would be to come on a forum and bash the guy. I know personaly that would make me want to give my money away.
Surely you jest?

If you balk on your verbal commitment to donate money to charity and don't follow through for whatever reason, (Forum comments) your an AZZ, plain and simple.

Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.