If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Platinum Member Platinum Member johnnyboatman's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Blowers Will Cause Higher Oil Temps I Think

My Boats:
    29 Fountain
    Corona, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Philm View Post
    Just seems like everything that I read about oil temps says that an engine should always maintain AT LEAST 190* oil temps, and if a 212* thermostat is not installed, the engine should be run hard enough for enough time to get the oil temps up to over 212* in order to burn off condensation. maybe some experts will chime in and let us know what the deal is.

If this isnt necessary, I can sure save a lot of gas by not running 5000rpm all the time and cruise all day at 4200rpm with 180* oil temps.
    IMHO, I wouldn't worry about that at all. I normally cruise my boat at about 4-4,500 RPM. According to my gauge, my engine oil temp never gets above 180.

SORE MEMBER Platinum Member Wobble's Avatar
    My Boats:
    SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
    2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
    250f max is fine and wont stress modern oils. You have two groups of people posting here. One is measuring oil temp after the cooler and the other is measuring in the pan.
    A big offshore cooler like Teagues reduces oil temp 50* so 250 pan temp is 200 going back to the motor.

What I would recommend regardless of where your oil temp is measured is a good quality synthetic oil such as Mobil-1 v-twin 20/50

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123