Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Two thumbs up to Performance Boat Brokers LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/214672-two-thumbs-up-performance-boat-brokers-loto.html)

nealmobile 08-10-2009 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Smitty (Post 2928871)
I have to share what a positive experience I had last week with Performance Boat Brokers in Camdenton Mo/LOTO.

I had just put my boat in the water last week for vacation when I had a gear in my XR upper unit go south. Since I was from out of town, I figured I was out of luck and my vacation was over. I sat down with my laptop and started to think of any OSO members that lived near LOTO. The first one that came to mind was Randy Wild. I gave Randy a call and he told me to call Doug at Performance Boat Brokers. I said I knew of them for sales, but they did service also?? He said yes they have a full service shop and that they would do their best to get me back on the water. I called and talked to Doug who said "hey we are busy, but I want to help. Get your boat here and we'll take a look" I drove over to the shop and 10 minutes after I pulled in, Doug was taking my drive off the boat and 20 minutes later it was torn down and asessed. Doug told me he would have to look around for the needed parts and he would do his best to have it done the next day.

He did even better than that !!! They got the boat at noon on wednesday and I was told to come and get it the next day at 10:00 am !!!

Now that is what I call service above and beyond !!! And the pricing was fair also !!!

Hats off to Doug and his crew--- they saved my vacation and kept my family from killing me!!!

And as a sidenote, before I called Randy, my wife had called 3 other local shops and she was told 2-3 days just to look at it !!!

Their number is 573-873-2300

I had an identical experience with these guys about a month ago. Another shop had told me my drive wasn't repairable which i knew was b.s. Doug had me fixed up in less than 24 hours.

CAL MAN 08-10-2009 08:37 PM

Doug and Matt are both great to deal with, Done stuff with both for years, kinda helped hook them together :drink:

pbam22 08-10-2009 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
great guy who loves the travel channel:party-smiley-004::lolhit:

eddie 08-10-2009 10:00 PM

Doug and Matthew are boaters and they know we want back on the water. If we miss a weekend, vacation or work to get a day off and then the boat is broke it's a big deal. Doug said he's got a soft spot for guys on vacation. Doesn't matter if it's a Bravo III or Imco they will do what they can to get us back on the water. The rest of the guys in the shop are awesome as well. Andy, Fergie and best of all make sure you stop by and see Suzi when it's time to pay the bill :sport009:

JasonSmith 08-10-2009 10:05 PM

I had a similar experience a few months ago at the MWBP poker run.
Matt was nice enough to let me & my drunk brude hang at his shop till 4am.
Doug & his crew worked their asses off to get us back on the water for the run.
I would, without a doubt let them let us hang at their shop to drink beer all night long again!
Thanks guys!

Griff 08-10-2009 10:42 PM

I only heard great thing about the guys Performance Boat Brokerage. I talked to Doug at PB2 as they were pulling a boat out after the MWBP Poker Run. Seemed like great guys.

mmareno 08-11-2009 07:38 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

flight club 08-11-2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shallow Minded (Post 2929046)
Good to hear, Smitty. I popped a drive back in June just idling back to the dock on Sunday afternoon. Doug had me drop it off at the shop that night and I was fixed up in no-time. Been running the pizz out of it ever since with zero problems. Nice to find a dependable marine shop!

Flightclub - not to hi-jack the thread, but you bought that 50 with triple Bulldogs? Nice boat! I'm running Bulldogs in my Scarab and they seem to be bullet-proof. Let me know if you do any upgrades to them, would be curious to hear what can be done. :ernaehrung004:

i bought it because it was stock. I don't plan on doing any upgrades. I have other money pits for that. LOL

Quinlan 08-12-2009 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by mmareno (Post 2929977)
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Im with you

mmareno 08-12-2009 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Quinlan (Post 2930237)
Im with you

I read this and say" Do I want to take the wind out of the sail" or just keep passing to the next one!!!

We shall see!!:kiss: