Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
48' MTI vs 46' Skater Drag Race/Lake Ozark Shootout! >

48' MTI vs 46' Skater Drag Race/Lake Ozark Shootout!

Notices

48' MTI vs 46' Skater Drag Race/Lake Ozark Shootout!

Old 08-11-2009, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
If like that, It'll be another Gino & Mr. Pyburn kind of an argument.
I would rather see that happen!!
Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

hey they are trying something new, let's all see how it goes, it might be fun to watch.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I guess it's been a while since you were at the shootout. Last year they were allowed a rolling start to save on the hardware for all boats and in prior years the big cats, Callen, Bud/Bacardi and so on always were allowed to be on plane.

Be interesting to see how far back they move the spectator fleet this year. The course isn't widest thing anyway.
I talked to some of the racers last yr. and at the end of the day they were letting anyone make extra passes at N/C and many were running 80 MPH when they went through the start.

I am curious about the 400FT wide lane. Never been that wide before and that is not the widest area of the lake.
Just for the info, BMR motors only started out as Merc 1000's many yrs ago. Lots of changes and more hp since then.Over 1200 for sure.Still it should be alot of fun to watch.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
*yawn*

In this drag race, is Bob Morgan running his 4 engined Skater he used to call Bigfoot? That thing is a beast, and would be like trying to see what a freight train will do in a 1/4 mile.
Don't think it was ever called Big Foot. It was always raced under Big Thunder Marine. There have been 2 or 3 quad engine packaged 46's he has had built. I think Jimmy Lee raced in one of them. I know he did in the Freedom boat.
Don't count the 46 out. Jimmy & Bob held the lap speed record in KW all the way up to last year. Dave Scott & JT beat it by one mph I think.
Any way you look at it, I think it will be pretty cool.
Old 08-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Registered

I think Cat Killer should have been invited.......
Old 08-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
I guess it's been a while since you were at the shootout. Last year they were allowed a rolling start to save on the hardware for all boats and in prior years the big cats, Callen, Bud/Bacardi and so on always were allowed to be on plane.

Be interesting to see how far back they move the spectator fleet this year. The course isn't widest thing anyway.
From your past responses to any of my posts, I realize that I've somehow found my way to your bad side?

Your "guess" is correct by technicality, because I definitely missed last year. I was there the previous 6-7 years, but from your much appreciated heads up, last year was clearly the life changing experience, which happens to be the year I decided seeing 205-207mph as a spectator, just wasn't that surprising anymore (see: human nature), even though that's just INCREDIBLE on a one mile course!

So, as neato as it is that you MC the event, try to not rudely put yourself in the way of the fans that have objective opinions... or aka: the ones that don't "work" for the event, but actually participate. Sorry to have somehow upset you, but I have never had any intention, or even awareness of anything you have ever even said indicating your distaste for me. My bad?

Last edited by BLee; 08-11-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
If like that, It'll be another Gino & Mr. Pyburn kind of an argument.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Registered

i feel this can go either way.

you say the mti has 1500's and the skater has 4x1000's. from a dead standstill the mti will blow the skater out of the water.. having 4 engines, the props will blow out like crazy with all that weight which the mti will out power..

if they start @ 60 mph the boats will still be in a sticky/wet idle, but this is where the skater can over power and accelerate and will probably hold till about 130 where the mti has the weight advantage and twin power to lift and pack that air..

There will be many overall factors, wind, water, temp, weight, props, and balls that are going to come to play, but i say the skater will be proped for approx 200 and mti will either have engine troubles or not have the weight to hold the top speeds, figuring there will a few element changes...

this could all be just bs but i guess we will just have to see.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JAXOUTLAW
I would rather see that happen!!
YOU NEVER KNOW!
Old 08-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BLee
From your past responses to any of my posts, I realize that I've somehow found my way to your bad side?

Your "guess" is correct by technicality, because I definitely missed last year. I was there the previous 6-7 years, but from your much appreciated heads up, last year was clearly the life changing experience, which happens to be the year I decided seeing 205-207mph as a spectator, just wasn't that surprising anymore (see: human nature), even though that's just INCREDIBLE on a one mile course!

So, as neato as it is that you MC the event, try to not rudely put yourself in the way of the fans that have objective opinions... or aka: the ones that don't "work" for the event, but actually participate. Sorry to have somehow upset you, but I have never had any intention, or even awareness of anything you have ever even said indicating your distaste for me. My bad?

I dont know why you e-dock guys have to come in on a tangent everytime shootout comes around

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.