I bought a new (er) truck!!!!

Notices

I bought a new (er) truck!!!!

Old 04-02-2002, 06:38 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I bought a new (er) truck!!!!

Well, against the advice of some of you here at OSO, I bought the half ton Chevy I was looking at. I love this truck!! I drove it all day last Friday. Much better ride than my Dodge, more power than my dodge, 1/4 the miles as my Dodge, 3 years newer than my Dodge, no rust (unlike my dodge), higher GVWR than my Dodge (by 800 lbs), ext. cab (Dodge isn't), etc... did I mention it has 130,000+ less miles than my Dodge??

Blue metalic 1997 Chevy Silverado ext. cab short box 4x4. 5.7 Votrtec (260 hp), 41,780 miles, tan interior, running boards, good tires, hard toneau cover (fold-a-cover), bed liner, factory trailer tow package, electronic shift 4 wheel drive, color keyed tail light covers (kinda cool), tinted bug shield (whatever...), p/w, p/l, p/m, cruise, CD and cassete (what's a cassette???),

Sorry Boathead, I jumped off the Mopar band wagon. I'm now a Bowtie Man!!!! To go along with my Chevy Big Block boat!!! Worst part about the whole trade.....I'm losing my OSO Charter Member sticker. Damn. I think Jeffrey should offer replacements. Don't you guys?????
Old 04-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Congrat's...

...on the new ride. (We have to revoke your Dodge Club Card though)
Old 04-02-2002, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts

Mike- Chevy truck pulling a Chevy powered boat.......now THATS the way it is meant to be!!!!!
Old 04-02-2002, 08:37 PM
Registered

Good deal Mike. Now get the air bags for the rear so it won't squat. I have them and they can increase the tounge weight by 1000lbs. Let the air out and the ride is back. Make sure you keep an eye on the CV boots. They tend to rip and sling grease. No more straight axle like the Dodge. Congrats. Looking forward to seeing it. Put it to the test this weekend. It is a 700mi round trip. Do you want to go early? I don't want Rob to drive alone but I am now leaving Fri AM so we could put on a few miles before he gets there. If not thats OK. I will still leave Fri AM. I like the down time of driving. 6 hours of the stereo cranking 700 watts.
Old 04-02-2002, 08:50 PM
Registered

Mike,

Congratulations on the new truck. I have been using timbren overloads on one of my work trucks, an E350 van. I have had great luck so far. Unless you have a load they don't effect the ride. They may be another option for you.
http://www.timbren.com/

Dan
Old 04-02-2002, 10:00 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

All that and if the payments are less you are psyched!!! Hope it works out for you.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:06 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

CONGRATS, sometimes nice toys are off the water!
Now you are rockin in and out!
Enjoy and again congrats.

Bryan
F250 XLT 4x4 PSD.
Old 04-02-2002, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Bout time you got a real truck - now if it was only a 3/4 ton
Old 04-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

Hey sometimes you gotta just go for what you know....
sounds like you did good.... and if you are happy .. thats all that counts.....well if the wife is happy is what really counts... for me anyway.... lol
Old 04-02-2002, 11:06 PM
Registered

Its about time you bought a bowtie to pull the Foul with!! Congrats!! Sounds like a great truck!!

Quick Reply: I bought a new (er) truck!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.