Notices

496HO and smartcraft

Old 08-13-2009, 02:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 496HO and smartcraft

Hi, just wondering if smartcraft gauges will connect up with a 496HO. What I want is to attach a fuel gauge that meters fuel rather than one of those dam float things and heard that that is possible with smart craft, but have heard conflicting info on whether this is possible with a 2006 496HO.

Thanks

Rick
Old 08-13-2009, 07:48 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by richard
Hi, just wondering if smartcraft gauges will connect up with a 496HO. What I want is to attach a fuel gauge that meters fuel rather than one of those dam float things and heard that that is possible with smart craft, but have heard conflicting info on whether this is possible with a 2006 496HO.

Thanks

Rick
The Smartcraft gauges still need a tank sensor, but they will also give you fuel used, so that you can reset it every time you fill up and work out what you have left, the ones I have used / set up have been pretty accurate.

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Registered

I've heard of these type of gauges, I just thought the 496HO ecu calculated the fuel used and it was possible to link up to it, or was that the 525efi, I'm all confusalled.

I do find it slightly ironic that asking a question on a US forum is answered by a fellow UK boatmad member. I still haven't finished fixing my extreme so will be missing the Guernsey racing this weekend.