Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Virginia Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/214920-virginia-beach.html)

Pete280 08-14-2009 05:57 PM

were basically talking about a 7-8 block of bars that gets pretty rowdy, that's it. Like I said, stay on the boardwalk and everything is great, The north end os the beach is very nice, million dollar homes, the Cavalier or Wyndham Hotel are very nice and quiet. Sandbridge beach is also a nice quiet family beach, no hotels just rentals.

Macklin lives across from the Cavalier Hotel

Stormrider 08-15-2009 08:08 AM

Thanks for all the input.
Right after i posted this thread, someone in my office mentioned the 'colorful' scene at night. We are going to Williamsburg for 4 nites, may extend it by 1 just so i dont have to drive back in Sunday beach traffic.
Wife mentioned going to a beach, and i knew VA Bch was close by.
No need to go only to the beach w/ the Hamptons only 45mins away, and Fire Island less, but thought it would be a nice break from Williamsburg. But now i see i can just do the beach as a day trip.
It would be nice to come to Norfolk to see the PR boats, but dont think its gonna happen w/ the wife 11,9,5 yr olds.

Maybe there are cool things to do/see in Norfolk... ??
Instead of a beach break, i thought stopping in DC on the way home would be cooler to do. (went to college in DC).

Really, thanks for all the input.

Macklin 08-15-2009 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2932242)
Maybe there are cool things to do/see in Norfolk... ??

Yep. There is a really nice nautical museum in downtown Norfolk called Nauticus. It's world class. Also has the battleship Wisconsin berthed next to it, which is open for tours. If your wife and kids are into shopping there is McCarthur Center mall right there too. Very nice mall.

And you can walk over to Waterside marina where we will all be slipped up Sunday morning. :drink:

Stormrider 08-15-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Macklin (Post 2932258)
Yep. There is a really nice nautical museum in downtown Norfolk called Nauticus. It's world class. Also has the battleship Wisconsin berthed next to it, which is open for tours. If your wife and kids are into shopping there is McCarthur Center mall right there too. Very nice mall.

And you can walk over to Waterside marina where we will all be slipped up Sunday morning. :drink:

Thanks! Sounds much more up our alley.

seafordguy 08-15-2009 06:12 PM

Over on the NN side the Virginia Living Museum and the Mariners Museum are both within about 1/2 mile of each other and are REALLY neat as well.... About 1 mile off the interstate.

fastedy 08-15-2009 07:31 PM

Seafordguy, Nice meeting you this summer I hope to get back to your area before the end of the boating season. I really enjoyed the Seaford area it self, nice quiet water community and a great place for a raftup, theirs been roomers of a race in Yorktown I hope it happens one day, looked like a great place for a Race. E