Notices

Manatee update....

Old 04-03-2002, 11:16 AM
supercrash

Check out these manatee....they must be part of "the scam"....lets get real boys....boats do hit manatees

www.nbbd.com/photos/manatee2/

Old 04-03-2002, 11:28 AM
supercrash

Baja...my point is that you guys are the same as the STM...Do a search on google about(manatee scars)...and tell me what comes up...lots and lots of manatees with prop scars...yet you guys say it is all BS...When evidence is presented to you guys that shows scars and tells you that most manatees bears scars you guys turn your heads and say it is bull...just like the STM club does...you "nuts" will never have any credibility with behavior like that ...sorry

Old 04-03-2002, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So what are you saying? Do you actually intend to insult our intelligence once again by showing us this? Do you believe that we deny this? Why avoid the questions?

It is plainly obvious to even children that this does happen...However, not even close to the exaggerated proportions that some folks would suggest....
Old 04-03-2002, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw two manatees monday when crossing the Courtney Cambell Bridge going to Tampa.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:46 AM
supercrash

If every manatee has a average of 5 scars then nothing is exaggerated ...on the STM's side...manatees don't get scarred from barges and locks...they get killed by them....and for the trees and wood that I use in my job...I buy beat up foreclosures and rehab them for the next family...Kinda sounds like I am contributing to the community rather than chopping all the trees down .....

Old 04-03-2002, 11:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe that every manatee has been hit by a ship or boat prop. The odds are against it.
Maybe the ones that they've found dead and some survivors have prop strikes but not evey one of the living.