If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Boats:
    38 Scarab AVS
    St. Louis / LOTO

Leverage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jassman View Post
    Ringo is better..but read the ingredients... Acid and gelcoat do not mix well over the long haul.. Yes, a quick fix, and even after waxing with a carnauba based product like someone mentioned above... the yellowing will come back. Gelcoat must be neutralized first. Use a good salt/soap remover and then followed up with the Leverage polymer sealer which has the longest lasting results.

The fiberglass soap and salt deposit remover can also be used in flushing your motors out guys, thats also what we designed it for. Remember one cap from the 32OZ bottle is all that is needed to clean a 32' boat. Extremely cost effective, Very low suds, and then leaves a clean shiny protected surface. The polish the majority of you on here know how it works. Thanks Jeff
    Jassman - what's the difference between the "Stain Remover & Hull Cleaner" and the "Soap and Salt Deposit Remover?" I've got a stain around the bottom of mine and have been hesitant about using some of the harsher products. Boat only sees fresh-water and I really don't want to re-wax 38' of hull everytime! Any suggestions on which would be better? Thanks. SM

My Boats:
    Shopping Now
    Ozark, AL

I must have gotten sucked in to an inside joke...

I followed the recommendation to use "The Works" because I had some in the house.

BAD move. The bottom gel is forever etched now. Wax does not want to buff off, major swirls, no shine what so ever.

Also stupid on my part for not testing a smaller area. Fortunately it is only on the bottom.

Highly recommend against the acids.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123