If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    2012 32 Concept
    Fort Myers, FL

Full Cover Advice

Looking for any advice or ideas on putting a full cover or bow cover on my 2007 Donzi 35zr while it is on my lift. I'm looking for something that does not need to be tied down around the hull as if it was on a trailer, etc. Is anybody fully covering their boat while it is stored on the lift? Suggestions? Boat is located on Long Island, NY if that matters. Thanks for your help...

My Boats:
    38 Fountain Canopy, V24 Bat Boat
    2006 OPA Class 2 World Champion 214

My Boats:
    Outerlimits 37 Quadstep, Hustler 377 Talon
    Does anybody have any opinions on black covers? I just had a full cover made for my boat and believe how hot it gets. The question is how much heat is acceptable before it actually does damage...

Ginger or Mary Ann? Charter Member US1 Fountain's Avatar
    Lafayette, IN
    I always kept my boat covered with a full cover while on the lift. I screwed in a couple eye hooks into the bottom of the bunks and simply looped short tie down ropes to them that I had tied to the cover tie down loops. W/O the ropes, a strong wind could flap the cover against the sides. Plus it keeps the cover tight in case of a rain blowing in so no rain could pool on the cover. Pic of cover I bought:
    Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies - Not really good for anything, but they
    bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Platinum Member Platinum Member 4mulafastech's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2006 Formula 292 FasTech / 2007 Ranger Reata 190VS
    Washington, MO
    I had this cover made custom for my 292. I keep my 292 on a lift all season and this is the cover I use. It is made from a material called Dockside. Light weight, durable, and soft on the inside. They sewed in reinforcement pads in high stress areas like along the windshield.

The first pic shows draw lines for towing, but I don't need to use them on the lift. They put in a flap that covers a ratcheting pulley arrangement. I simply cover the boat on the lift, pull the line tight, and that cover won't go anywhere! Quick and easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images