Notices

Full Cover Advice

Old 08-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Cover Advice

Looking for any advice or ideas on putting a full cover or bow cover on my 2007 Donzi 35zr while it is on my lift. I'm looking for something that does not need to be tied down around the hull as if it was on a trailer, etc. Is anybody fully covering their boat while it is stored on the lift? Suggestions? Boat is located on Long Island, NY if that matters. Thanks for your help...
Old 08-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.carriecovers.com/home1.php
Old 08-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anybody have any opinions on black covers? I just had a full cover made for my boat and believe how hot it gets. The question is how much heat is acceptable before it actually does damage...
Old 08-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I always kept my boat covered with a full cover while on the lift. I screwed in a couple eye hooks into the bottom of the bunks and simply looped short tie down ropes to them that I had tied to the cover tie down loops. W/O the ropes, a strong wind could flap the cover against the sides. Plus it keeps the cover tight in case of a rain blowing in so no rain could pool on the cover. Pic of cover I bought:

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I had this cover made custom for my 292. I keep my 292 on a lift all season and this is the cover I use. It is made from a material called Dockside. Light weight, durable, and soft on the inside. They sewed in reinforcement pads in high stress areas like along the windshield.

The first pic shows draw lines for towing, but I don't need to use them on the lift. They put in a flap that covers a ratcheting pulley arrangement. I simply cover the boat on the lift, pull the line tight, and that cover won't go anywhere! Quick and easy.
Attached Thumbnails Full Cover Advice-pic1.jpg   Full Cover Advice-pic2.jpg