Notices

More Pantera 35' Pictures

Old 04-03-2002, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1-The 35’ Pantera looks uncannily like a 35’Cigarette.And # 2 The 28 footer of yours looks kinda like a 27’ Magnum Hull was used! My question is on #1 why on Earth would someone resurrect a 30 year old boat, Complete to the fold in the side, when nowadays we can do some pretty neat things with simple clean Hull shapes?

--------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards
Old 04-03-2002, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't all these boats look alike??????? If you look at the comparison in the other thread with the cafe, you will notice a difference in the two.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with TOO OLD. Jo the boat looks great. Next time I'm down south I would like to check out the factory. If business ever picks up I would like to buy a 28' with twin outboards. Jo if you ever come across a nice twin outboard 24' or 28' please let me know.
Thanks
Jack L
Old 04-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Too Old I just think the resemblance is a little too close!! (come on ) as far as the fold , if the sides are cored I see nothing wrong. Maybe some pictures of the Plugs being framed out would solve the question,On the 28 and 35 after all everyone keeps those photos!!

------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards
Old 04-03-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

I'll second Troutly with a

Hubba Hubba Zoot Zoot...Na Num Num!
Old 04-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

To Old not being disrespectful to you! I do not have a concern over Pantera; But
Borrowing sugar from other people’s bowls is not cool, if that is a fact in this case! Someone posted pictures and they looked amazingly close. Is all I am saying...?

--------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards
Old 04-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Steve 1,

Lets start on the 28 Pantera that my Father began building in 1975.That boat was designed and built by Mr.Schoell.Maybe he has the pictures when he built the plug.In case you are new to the sport our 28 is an impressive, and race proven hull.You do not have to take my word for it just ask any 28 Pantera owners past or present (approximately 800 of them) .

Now for the 35 Survivor since you are so close to me why dont you stop by and visit and I will take the time to show you the pictures of the plug.If you are concerned if the boat was copied by us sleep well tonight because it was not.It was designed by Jim Muir and my Father and I.The boat will be a winner and I will prove it racing one this year in F2.

I hope you accept my invitation to stop by and visit since I do not like insinuation since that is not my style.

Regards, JO
Old 04-03-2002, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jo first off you did not see the similarities in the pictures of the Cigarette and your new 35?? Second the first 28’ was 78 or 79 it was a all Black boat at the Miami Beach Show, Third you are also right about Mr. Schoell he did Build the original 27 Magnum IMHO. Fourth I was only Purveying the obvious .. And the sleep thing LOL stick to the Debate.

-------------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-03-2002 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2002, 09:20 PM
JGB
Registered

Not that Jo or Pepe need anyone to vouch for them but i personally saw the 35 plug being made when i picked up my 28 last year. Everyday as i checked the progress on my boat i watched the craftsmen sand away the plug to resemble the end product we see today. Cigarette influences? maybe? but the survivor is 100% Pantera in Design, Rigging, construction and quality!

Again, Great job Jo, Pepe and the rest of the Pantera Team!

The boat came out great.

James
Old 04-03-2002, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JGB see how easy it was! Question Answered. The photos that were posted of the Pantera in which the Cigarette seemed to be a dead ringer. Or vise versa just seemed curious and I had to make the post...

-------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards

Quick Reply: More Pantera 35' Pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.