Notices

More Pantera 35' Pictures

Old 04-03-2002, 11:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Look something caught my eye in the pictures, Jo could have cut me off by Saying we Lofted full size, built the Plug on Steel Beams .Frames were fir plywood, Fir battens Triple Ό “ sheeting and Lots fairing compound and DuraTec .But he did not
Hell floating a new boat the first time and initial testing is like birth of the first son, one has to experience it Unreal! Of course I wish Pantera well they are an American boat builder Right? And I also feel bad that Pepe came on,Jo should of handled it and left dad one step removed.

And since when can I not Ask a Question or Question something I see ??

Best Regards too all
Old 04-03-2002, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve, My Friend

You are entitled to ask any questions you want, and you are entitled to embarass yourself anytime you want also.
Old 04-03-2002, 11:39 PM
Registered

Amazing looking boat. Congratulations guys!
Old 04-04-2002, 07:54 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Steve1,

The ONLY question I cannot answer is, why do you not want to identify where you work???

I agree you have the "right" to ask any question and get a reasonable answer.

So why is it that you can not answer a simple question that has been asked of you 3 or 4 times???

Is that too much to ask?

I think it's a reasonable question.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Steve 1
1- Complete to the fold in the side, when nowadays we can do some pretty neat things with simple clean Hull shapes?

--------------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in

Best Regards
Gee the new Cig Gladiator has a fold in the hull sides. I wonder why a world renowned company like that would build a new boat with a fold in the hull?

Did you ever stop to think that maybe some people may like that classic look?

You should have added a beak along with the folds, then you would really have Steve up in arms.
Old 04-04-2002, 11:35 PM
Registered

Dear Steve 1,

It's very apparent that you have a tremendous background in boat manufacturing. In your opinion, who are the top 2 or 3 manufacturers of high performance offshore boats(deep v's)??? I am refering to quality and overall performance.
Old 04-05-2002, 06:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gee the new Cig Gladiator has a fold in the hull sides. I wonder why a world renowned company like that would build a new boat with a fold in the hull?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bongo My God brilliant!! Now what I would like you to do is post How Cigarette generated the 36’ Gladiator (How being the key word here) Then read it yourself Since some in here seem to have reading difficulties. The Genetics of the crease will <<<Then >>> become very apparent, like magic.

Now Again If something Quacks has webbed feet Walks and looks like a Duck, Swims and has a Chinese Meal named after it well!!
35 Cigarette 35’ X 8’ 35 Pantera 35’ X 8’ These were Taken from the respective Web Sites and while <Looking at the Picture >The Shape of the Strakes, the Entry ,and Shear line , Of the two boats. That’s what had me puzzled, And is that not what this Place is all about this Forum. Also they should get very used to these same Questions! And promptly post pictures of the Plug and maybe Plug scantlings, .and not try any chilidish Insults to the people asking questions of the Oblivious.

----------------------------------Sounds Dangerous count me in
Old 04-05-2002, 06:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forum/sh...0&pagenumber=1 that was one of the Pictures

Down to the bottom of the page there are the Cig/Pantera Pics

Last edited by Steve 1; 04-05-2002 at 06:44 AM.
Old 04-05-2002, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Steve1,

First let me quote you.

Steve1,

Since some in here seem to have reading difficulties.
Have you not been able to READ my questions of you??

Where exactly do you work and in what function?

Secondly,

Jo from Pantera has indicated without any hesitation .....
that yes the 2 hulls are of
..similar..
design.

So yes the "oblivious" as you say, has been noted.

What else do you want???

He even invited you over to his shop so you can see everything that has been done on the build up of the new Pantera 35'.

I wonder why you did not take him up on the offer, you only live
30 minutes away??

I encourage free speech as much as anyone else, but you can't scream fire when there is none in a theatre.

Last edited by Pantera24; 04-05-2002 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:42 AM
Registered

Well said, Pantera 24.

I don't know what Steve is trying to accomplish. but I have little respect for those that have to rain on a parade, especially a great moment like introducing a new boat to the market. His question was answered several times, and he's calling people on the board oblivious. What, if anything, is he thinking? No wonder people from the outside look at our sport as one that attracts stupid idiots. I'm increasingly embarrassed, when people ask me what I like to do, to tell them about offshore powerboating. If we don't respect ourselves how will others respect us as a group? Do you want this sport to grow, Steve? And if you fail to see the connection between your silly line of questioning and the integrity of the sport then ask someone who is close to you. Don't take my word for it. People are constantly watching and listening to us. I'm not referring to smart questioning, but the red neck and pot belly in you has got to go if you care about this sport.

Quick Reply: More Pantera 35' Pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.