Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   SKATERFEST..... Part of NORTHEAST TRIPLE CROWN (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21540-skaterfest-part-northeast-triple-crown.html)

Miller 04-03-2002 11:38 PM

I think I may have to skip the wedding even though it will cost me in soooooo many ways down the road. :eek:

DaveP 04-03-2002 11:51 PM

I told you boys and girls to hold on to your hats! ;)

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-04-2002 01:44 AM

I've invited a long lost custom boat builder from So. Fla. If he can make it, then maybe we will keep it as a surprise for Doug Lewis :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D This should be one hell of an event!!! So Dennis, I take it you're going to Marathon??? And you want us to rub it in on what a good time you're missing at SKATERFEST? ;)

Shane 04-04-2002 06:06 AM

I will be there and MAAY have a surprise guest or two!

I will DEFINITELY be making the trip from Lake George with my itty bitty 24 Skater. But hey, it's a Skater right? I may have a guest or two maybe even three that many of you remember or know. When I have confirmations I will post them. Until then...

DPT MOTORSPORTS 04-04-2002 08:53 AM

Sharkey,
Actually kinda hoping I will not be going to Marathon. Missed Skaterfeat last year and was hoping not to miss it this year. Kinda have a feeling I may be at Skaterfest rather than Marathon. We will see as I do not make that decission. If I have to go I have to go. There are some highlighted people appearing this time that I would really like to meet at this event also. Either way good luck To Doug and Leanne putting on the event as I am sure it will be a great success. Sharkey emal me I wanted to ask you about a post you put on this board about a custon VBottom Boatbuilder.
Dennis P Tracey
[email protected]

T2x 04-04-2002 08:55 AM

Sorry, we couldn't prevent the conflict with the races, as the next weekend is Mother's Day and the weekend after is the Atlantic City Poker Run and the OPA race at Brick Township.

All in all, if you're a performance boater SKATERFEST is a better destination since the technological focus and information sharing will be accessable and condensed. As a matter of fact, some of the racers themselves are taking the weekend off to join us.

See you there!!!!!
T2x

BODYSHOT1 04-04-2002 08:58 AM

See you all there!!

:cool:

Uncle Toys 04-04-2002 10:07 AM

Hope you have room for a left-coast Skater wanabe, because I have received the green light from my wife. Booking the flights as we speak (figuratively of course). Hey T2x, will I win for the furthest distance traveled? What’s the prize?:D ;)

T2x 04-04-2002 11:25 AM

Sorry Unc....but so far Toffen, from Norway, is aiming for that prize.

T2x

Shane 04-04-2002 01:09 PM

Okay you OLD TIMERS! I just spoke to Dick O'Dea and he is psyched and is gonna do everything he can to make it! No guarantees but he will try his best. He has so many fond memories of so many of you and unbeknownst to many, there was a time when he was the largest Skater and Largest Mercury Hi-Performance Dealer in the Nation! Dick's list of achievements rivals some of the most successful people in motorsport. He is by far the MOST HUMBLE man I have ever met, especially with all that he has achieved! I have now turned him on to the board and he is probably lurking as we speak. If you read this Dick, I hope to see you next month! For all of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting this former National Champion Hydroplane Racer and owner of the boat that set several outboard world speed records in addition to owning several championship sprint cars and midgets, he is a true gentleman in every sense of the word.

Shane