Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I try not to laugh at classifieds but.... >

I try not to laugh at classifieds but....

Notices

I try not to laugh at classifieds but....

Old 08-22-2009, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
You know that just because someone is having trouble doesn't mean that it was a bad boat loan. Many self employed people that made good money and had NO problem paying their bills have been put out of business simply by the promises of the current administration to tax small businesses into oblivion. The new construction industry is on it's butt for exactly that reason. You don't know what this guy's situation is and you're speculating on things you know nothing about.

It isn't my boat, but I have been a self employed consulting engineer for many years. The absolute lack of new construction due to the current policies in this country have made all of my clients pull back from the amount of business they used to outsource. I am living and making it, but it is much harder than it used to be.

I'm not saying this is the case for the seller, but you have no idea what the case is either. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt before calling him out on buying stuff he can't afford. Until you've walked a mile in his shoes so they say...
Well put.

I have a 34' Phantom for sale (for my mother, it is her boat due to the death of my father), which is owned outright, and I do realize the asking price is high but what was put ($$$$$) into that boat exceeds the asking price. But that is what she wants for the Phantom, and it is a starting point. Maybe the boat won't sell, no big deal. Then we keep it. I love the boat, I love boating. I will reduce the asking price sometime, just not today. And maybe by then if it doesn't sell to someone outside of our immediate family then I will be able to afford to buy it, just not for $92,000. I just cannot afford it right now, but maybe soon

Last edited by Smarty; 08-22-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
That might be his payoff. You know there were a lot of bad boat loans just like there were bad home loans. People often financed more than the boat was worth since financing was so soft.
No it states that the owner ownes it free and clear at the bottom of the add.

Now that being said I have a 99 38' Powerquest w/525sc's as well freshened uppers equipt the same other then I also have 12" boxes on it. I am willing to sell mine for just 90,000.00 oh ya and it comes with the trailer.

I wish him luck but he seems REAL high prices to me. Or am I real low? hmmmm

Rich.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Registered

Who gives a chit. He paid for an ad, he put what he wanted.

It might be ridiculous but that is obviously what he paid for and wanted to list.
Old 08-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

When your wife tells you it's time to sell the boat, you say "Sure Honey, let's advertise the boat at a price it should sell". (NOT) Fast forward two years, "Honey, in today's market, you just can't give these boats away". Oh well...p:
Old 08-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't believe they didn't put more details in the ad....?

Old 08-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

engines look clean!!

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by apppedigree
Who gives a chit. He paid for an ad, he put what he wanted.

It might be ridiculous but that is obviously what he paid for and wanted to list.
I agree!!! Also coming from a someone that hasn't owned a boat since I been on this site.. I dont think there that far out of line to start such a negitive thread!!
Now Cash purchase a boat
Old 08-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 270 Likes on 95 Posts

Ray bought it new in 99, it was on the same showroom floor as the 38 i have. It's a great boat i did some touch up and warrenty work for him while it was back at the dealership several tears ago. It was very well kept las i saw it.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 08-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
I agree!!! Also coming from a someone that hasn't owned a boat since I been on this site.. I dont think there that far out of line to start such a negitive thread!!
Now Cash purchase a boat

I had a nice TopGun when you joined. I may not have had a boat, but I have had the boat payment. Do we need to rehash the National Marine Saga?

And that is overpriced. If any of you want to pay above $150k I will personally call the seller and take him to dinner. In fact, if any of you give him more tha 100k I'll do it.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:54 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
...$150k I will personally call the seller and take him to dinner. In fact, if any of you give him more tha 100k I'll do it...
Looking for a date still Cash?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.