Pantera Boats to race in F1 with Dodge Viper Motor in SBI

Notices

Pantera Boats to race in F1 with Dodge Viper Motor in SBI

Old 04-03-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Pantera Boats to race in F1 with Dodge Viper Motor in SBI

Hey Guys,

I would like to inform to you all that we just did a deal to race a 28 Pantera in F1 class in super Boat International this year powered with a Dodge Viper marine engine.The sponsorship and joint venture with Natrix Motorsport out of France and support from Dodge Motorsports will be a testing ground for the Viper motor to be used in marine applications in the near future.We have been chosen to put the motor thru its paces and see what its got in the rigors of offshore powerboat racing.If all works out well with the engine which I am confident I can be a front runner with it, we will then run a 35 Survivor in F2 with these motors.

We will run APBA races also with the 500 EFI Mercruiser motors.

Regards, JO - Panteraboats
Old 04-03-2002, 09:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jo, your always welcome back in Point Pleasant.

What is the output on that new motor? 500HP? Is this the 10cylinder Viper motor?
Old 04-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

Hi Ron,

I will try to be in New Jersey for sure since I enjoy that race site the most since it is one of the few real ruff water races.I enjoyed myself last year very much.

The motor is the 10 cylinder Viper motor.It has a dynoed rating of 500 HP.SBI did homoligate the motor for a 1 year trial period.I am excited to find out its performance and the motor arrived in Miami International Airport today from France.If anyone interested in the Viper Marine engine we will try to post pictures.

Look forward to seeing you in Jersey.( the real ruff water race)

Regards, JO
Old 04-04-2002, 01:50 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

lets definatly see some pics!!!!
Old 04-04-2002, 06:28 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Forget the photos, I want to hear a sound clip of that bad boy coming up to full song at 6000rpms.

Yes the sound of a V10 should be very sweet at peak revs.

Rock on Jo, you guys never throttle back.

You know we have three ocean races this year if you want to attend divisional events. See www.njoffshore.com and sign up for the mailing list to stay informed.

Bring the small wheels and I'll see you in Jersey.

Ron
Old 04-04-2002, 07:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Congrats Jo,
I always wondered who/when someone would try to marinize that bad boy v-10. Pics would great.
MD
Old 04-04-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Joe sounds like a great deal for YOU.What is the cubic inch of the V-10 moter and tourque.If this doesnt open a can of worms in SBI I will be shocked.Good luck with the new sponsor and let me know if they need another test boat.
Randy
Old 04-04-2002, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should be Very Cool!! Can't wait to see it, Jo!!

Old 04-04-2002, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just looked it up! Wonder what they cost? Crappy picture
Attached Thumbnails Pantera Boats to race in F1 with Dodge Viper Motor in SBI-vipermarine.jpg  
Old 04-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered

Hey Guys,

I should have the motor delivered to me in the next couple of hours.I will take pictures of the motor and post pics.Natrix motorsport of France has also told us that if anyone is interested in purchaseing one to contact me here at Pantera and I will get them delivered to me.They are planning on working with us to distribute the motors here in the U.S..Each motor comes ready to bolt in to a Bravo 1 set up.

I feel cofident that this motor will be very competitive from the start and I am confident to be a front runner in F1 from the get go.The motor produces a real 500 HP which will be dynoed at the SBI races to ensure that it does not go over the rules for horsepower.

The motor is a 488 CI with 9.6 to1 compression ratio with aluminum block and heads with a MPI single cam 2 valves per cylinder, hydraulic roller lifters and weight approximately 600 pounds.

The motor should be a drop in, in a Bravo 1 application.

We are expecting the people from Natrix Motorsport here next week.If any questions please feel free to email me at [email protected]

Hey Randy,
It should be a real talker if it performs like we hope it will.I will see you also in APBA races since I will drop the 500 EFI when needed.Good luck this year.If they need another test boat I will let you know since I know you run the piss out of it also.Regards, JO

Quick Reply: Pantera Boats to race in F1 with Dodge Viper Motor in SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.