Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   And the deal falls thru!!!! G-Dam# Fuck%$@ used car salesman!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21547-deal-falls-thru-g-dam-fuck%25%24%40-used-car-salesman.html)

MnFastBoat 04-03-2002 08:40 PM

btw, they always says someone else wants to buy it.
I ask who was first. If they want a bidding war they can kiss my arse. Unless it is a one of a kind item or antique nothing is worth more then what you want it for.
Let them sell it somewhere else.
The 98 Dodge I bought out of town gave me a great deal. Alot better then anyone in the twin cities would. I sent several people to them and I even returned to them. Oh wait, that was to return the truck under the lemon law :) Was not the dealers fault. They can only do what they know.
It is all in how they want to do thingsJust like the new toy I bought last week. Local store 9 blocks away had a real jerk for a saleman. I drove 65 miles out of my way to another store and dropped 800 bucks on the spot. :)
3 days later I needed a $10 part, drove another 65 miles and not the 1.5 Sales equals service plain and simple
If they call you back, ask them if they forgot the dirrections you told them to go :):D

Waterfoul 04-03-2002 08:43 PM

Dyno, corner of 28th and Burlingame. I've calmed down a bit now. Had a conversation with Packinair!! In retrospect.... I'm sure the salesman had nothing to do with the payment problem. It was the manager and the finance guy. They told him they could do something they couldn't. My credit is questionable....but they knew this. It was probably the rate that hurt me.

Damn pay cut last fall hurt me worse than I thought I guess.

Waterfoul 04-03-2002 08:57 PM

26Scarab, your PM is full. It was NOT Scott. In fact, he is looking on his lot tomorrow to see if there is anything on the "shopping list" I gave him over the phone!!

MooseKnuckle 04-03-2002 09:09 PM

Waterfoul,

If you need any help on the financing wording etc, I worked for a Very Large bank for 7 years on the retail side. Dealer Finance guys are always going to try and get more. It's simple, the more you pay (not just for the car, buy finance rate), the more the dealer gets in a kickback (reserve) from the bank. Maybe your with your credit, the normal int. rate is 7%. If the dealer can get you to pay 7.75%, then HE makes more money. If they say your credit score doesn't justify the lower rate, ask to see a "Rate Sheet" that the bank provides them. Then ask to see your credit score (which is generated from the bank). Don't let them tell you they don't see the score...they are full of sh*t then.

A very large Ford dealer in Sterling Heights tried to Fu*K with me when I bought my Expedition. They did not like me in the end because I started to expose their deceptive advertising and sales practices in front of a lot of potential customers in the show room.

Let me know if you want inside knowledge of you the scores work and rate sheets!!!

Mike

Tinkerer 04-03-2002 09:18 PM

Mike if this is regular financing not some offer from the manufacturer than you can always get beter rates from a bank or credit union. Dont believe what the salesman says about getting you the best rate. You can get better on your own. Get the credit then go shoping.

Payton 04-03-2002 09:45 PM

Sorry to hear that Mike. I hope it works out.

Cord 04-03-2002 10:22 PM

We could get travis to go over with the bat and help with the negociations! :D

Playn 04-03-2002 10:35 PM

Sorry to hear about your experience. No words of wisdom here other than stick to your guns, walk out, and keep shopping. You'll find the right deal

INDY27 04-03-2002 10:43 PM

Mike,
Do yourself a favor and go get your own financing!

MitchStellin 04-03-2002 11:36 PM

Yeh Mike. There is always a reason why a deal falls thru. In the end you just have to take it as a good sign and move on to that F450 crew cab dually. PSD of course.:D