If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member Platinum Member fantastixvoyage's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Livonia, MI
    Direct from crane's site:

S&S Cycle of Viola, Wisconsin acquired certain assets of Crane Cams, Inc. on May 7, 2009. Those assets include the inventory, intellectual property, and trademarks for all Crane automotive and motorcycle electronic and valve train products. The intellectual property portion includes designs, drawings, and cam profiles. Crane Cams was founded in 1953, and like S&S Cycle, founded in 1958, it has become a respected and iconic brand in the high performance industry.

S&S intends to continue to sell Crane products through the same distributors and dealers who have sold them in the past. To that end, they will establish a new facility in Daytona Beach, Florida to manage the business and provide customer service and technical support. This new facility will be staffed by many of the same personnel that Crane customers have worked with in the past, providing as seamless a transition as possible. While there may be some shortages of product in the near future, the Crane/S&S team will be working hard to fill back orders and meet future demand for Crane ignitions and valve train components.

It will take some time to bring Crane products back on line, so please be patient, and check back to this website frequently for up to date information.
    Powered by Champion-Performance

My Boats:
    Chris Craft Stinger 222
    Darwin, Australia
    I spoke with the distribution manager of Crane Cams Australia last week. He told me they've already commenced limited production of key sales items for market distribution and to gauge current supply vs demand requirements. Apparantly the new Daytona shop is smaller but much more efficient, they can produce low volumes quickly but cannot to mass scale production runs. There may also be a hic-up with their electronics manufacturing due to quality inspections for warranty prior to new stock being sold but hopefully they get through that soon.

I hope they make the high lift compatible (long sleeve) Hyd roller lifters again soon! I Need a set!!!

My Boats:
    36' Apache Warrior
    Elkton, MD
    Quote Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage View Post
    Panther - take a look at the dates. Scorpion was in the running but S&S outbid them if I understand right.

Note their rocker arms are almost identical to the Crane's from what I can see and Teague is also selling them now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12