Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32 Active Thunder vs 33 Scarab AVS vs ??? >

32 Active Thunder vs 33 Scarab AVS vs ???

Notices

32 Active Thunder vs 33 Scarab AVS vs ???

Old 08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hot im selling my 32 hustler
-Mike
Old 08-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfOnAGixxer
I actually prefer the look of the AVS, but looks are not everything. I think I am leaning more towards the AT or Hustler, I will keep my eye out for a 33PP too.

I would like to have decent cockpit space for sure, and I would like a decent cabin. I am moving from a 25' boat technically, so the cabin with a true 32/33 is going to be much larger. I would like a little more head clearance, as I just found out the Scarab doesn't have quite what I thought it did.

Does anyone know head clearance for a 32 AT?

As for cockpit size, I would take a good stab in the wind saying the AT probably has the larger cockpit, I was rafted up with a guys at the moot in a 25' Active Thunder, and my 272 (25 foot boat really) didn't even compare in size, his was much larger, deeper, and seemed to have more cockpit and cabin space than mine did.
My cabin floor is about 7' long. Its is 57" high at the highest point when you walk into the cabin, which is underneath the fairing. It tapers down to about 47" tall at the front of the floor area. There are a few different cabin layouts, so this can vary a few inches. Mine is a center entry with U shaped seating in the cabin. I have an enclosed head on the left when you enter and a sink and cabinets on the right side that you can't really see. Mine is a 1997. they quit doing the U shaped seating in 1998 or so, and the side couches just run alll the way to the v berth. You also have the side entry cabin on some boats.
Attached Thumbnails 32 Active Thunder vs 33 Scarab AVS vs ???-p8260014-medium-.jpg  
Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Also, I would say that cockpit size is about average. Its about a 12-18" longer on the floor than a 25 Outlaw and about the same size as my 28 Pantera was. My 32 AT is much deeper though. Freeboard is about the same as a 38 Top Gun at the front and is deeper than a TG in the backseat area.