Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Somebody go belly up?
Old 08-26-2009, 04:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
Cause they are!!!
There seem to be quite a few people glad to hear the news. For the record, I'm not one of them. I hate to see anyone fail.
Eddie
It's a sick feeling to see a boat company go thru this. It's more sickening to see fellow boat enthusiasts throw stones while its happening. Like FPB or not, I don't see the good in kicking a company while it's down. Seems petty.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 AM
dcb
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Most likely, the people that are "giddy" to see a business fail, have never owned a small business. There has been a lot of criticism about how Mr. Fountain ran his business, spent money etc, but I doubt he foresaw the problem with our economy that we presently face. I hate to see any business fail, as everyone loses.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 99fever27
It's a sick feeling to see a boat company go thru this. It's more sickening to see fellow boat enthusiasts throw stones while its happening. Like FPB or not, I don't see the good in kicking a company while it's down. Seems petty.
I agree.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcb
Most likely, the people that are "giddy" to see a business fail, have never owned a small business. There has been a lot of criticism about how Mr. Fountain ran his business, spent money etc, but I doubt he foresaw the problem with our economy that we presently face. I hate to see any business fail, as everyone loses.
Mr. Reggie sets himself up for the kicking, he has no-one to blame but himself.
I'd hate to see the line go away but could care less about a man who's ego alone would try to stiff a charity poker run and use it as a marketing tool. Good riddance Reggie!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ZP"d, you need to learn the facts before posting. RPA was paid per Mark the president.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dcb
everyone loses???

do you hang out with NYC's mayor Bloomberg? reggie is a small business owner?? of course there are people laughing about this and "giddy". why ??

first off he's a multi million aire that won't loose a nite's rest while his attorney's are busy screwing all the employees that are scratching their heads and wondering if their going to have a job next week? he's been using investor's and other's money thru accusitions and paper deals to squeeze every possible dime of profit for his businesses with out putting any of his $$$$ at risk. a lesson he learned from wall str and seemed to be a quick student of.

i wonder how many of the businesses that have declared bankruptcy would still be around today if there owners or CEO's had to put up a large share of money for collateral on the loans that were being handed out?

please don't compare reggie to actual small businesses that have been shut down with out declaring bankruptcy by the current economy and because of no fault of there own.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter what one may think of Reggie or of Fountains, it is a sad event for the boating industry, no one is immune and the economy seemed to turn on a dime. I live in Metro Detroit and things went south here in a hurry, no one had a chance to sell their home, RV, boat or really change their fixed monthly expenses. For years we thought our lakefront home was our biggest asset, now it is our biggest liability. No matter how much I dislike someone or a company I could never take glee if they went under, a good many of us are just several paychecks away from that possibility ourselves.
I wish Fountain and Reggie good luck in their efforts to rebound.

Ms PatriYacht
Old 08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger
ZP"d, you need to learn the facts before posting. RPA was paid per Mark the president.
Not to nit-pick but ZP'd said "tried" - which certainly seems the case. No reason to rehash though, there was an entire thread dedicated to it which ultimately was the reason he paid.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
everyone loses???

do you hang out with NYC's mayor Bloomberg? reggie is a small business owner?? of course there are people laughing about this and "giddy". why ??

first off he's a multi million aire that won't loose a nite's rest while his attorney's are busy screwing all the employees that are scratching their heads and wondering if their going to have a job next week? he's been using investor's and other's money thru accusitions and paper deals to squeeze every possible dime of profit for his businesses with out putting any of his $$$$ at risk. a lesson he learned from wall str and seemed to be a quick student of.

i wonder how many of the businesses that have declared bankruptcy would still be around today if there owners or CEO's had to put up a large share of money for collateral on the loans that were being handed out?

please don't compare reggie to actual small businesses that have been shut down with out declaring bankruptcy by the current economy and because of no fault of there own.
Of course he's a millionaire, so what. He built the company and made money (he had money before FPB). And, he's not "screwing his employees". Employee means just that, employee. Not owner, not business partner, just employee. When a business goes south, so do the employees. If employees don't like that deal, they can have a go at their own business.

As for "using investor's and other's money thru accusitions and paper deals to squeeze every possible dime of profit for his businesses with out putting any of his $$$$ at risk.", well, that's the way it's done man. It's business and it's ruthless. It's capitalism, it's self-preservation, it's how money is made.

It's good to discuss this stuff but, for some reason I can't grasp, a lot of you guys want to throw Reggie and others under the train. You guys remind of punks who kick the tough guy after someone else besides you knocked him down.

I think it's a bad thing for the industry that FPB is in trouble. They make some of the fastest, coolest hardware on water. I'll miss FPB if it goes away for good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.