If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    chuckbeecher Platinum Member
    My Boats:
    Anywhere from the Laguna Madre to JAX and beyond
    If you were standing at Ft. Zach it would be around the corner to the left.
    Great beach and outdoor bar at pool and nice pier. Lots of Palms.
    Next to Shulas.
    Was originally Henry Flaglers house.
    It is part of the upscale side of Hiltons now. Managed by them.
    Remolded about 2 years ago.

My Boats:
    1990 33 powerplay ,1988 30 velocity 1978 24 pantera 2001 27 activator 30 checkmate 27 excalibur
    brick nj
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladhe8er View Post
    We have a timeshare for race week at The Galleon. Beach, pool, great views, excellent units and right near Duval.
    stayed at the galleon 12 years great marina for poker run boats and the waterfront is jumpin bars and resturants ect 2 blocks to duval . also it is at the turn bouy for the races

My Boats:
    2005 Active Thunder 28
    Fairfield, CT
    Quote Originally Posted by JERSEY DEVIL View Post
    stayed at the galleon 12 years great marina for poker run boats and the waterfront is jumpin bars and resturants ect 2 blocks to duval . also it is at the turn bouy for the races
    Yup, awesome location. And depending on which way I head(Duval or The Bight) is is a short stumble home!

My Boats:
    99 Phantom 34 ft F2 Classic
    St. Clair County, Mi
    So will I be able to see the races from Casa Marina?

Gold Member Gold Member
    My Boats:
    You can't view the races from the Casa Marina but it's a great place to stay for the quiet atmosphere. it's on the ocean and you will need taxi's or a car. Close to Louie's Back Yard of the best.
    Parrot Key Resort is great but you will also need transportation to Old Town (Duval area)...........and the same for the Marriott at the entrance to KW.......used to be the Holiday Inn. It is huge condo style now and has a GREAT restaurant. Also VERY nice but not on the water and out by the airport is Grand Key Resort and some Hyatt condos

When I move from here..........when I come back to visit, I will want to stay at the Westin or the Pier House or Hyatt (for the locations).....take the shuttle boat over to Sunset Key for lunch or dinner (shuttle located at the Westin) and be able to walk Duval at night.
    Most luxurious and $$$$..and you can see the races and cruise ships.........Sunset Key Cottages, off Mallory square

Now......anybody want to buy a house in Marathon...I'm ready to move to the real world.........
    Last edited by Pat D; 08-27-2009 at 04:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12