Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Its Alive (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/215796-its-alive.html)

PatriYacht 08-29-2009 09:14 AM

That looks great Brian. I didn't know you were so involved in engine building. I'll have to see your shop sometime. See you at Leopa, Ian

Scott B 08-29-2009 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2942074)
Scott,
Todds engines will not be going on the dyno (no headers for V-10's yet) but his gas tank should be here this week and we can get his project done over the winter.

LMAO, best rethink the engine mount location shown in the picture he posted on donzi.net :) :)

brian41 08-29-2009 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Scott B (Post 2942169)
LMAO, best rethink the engine mount location shown in the picture he posted on donzi.net :) :)

I am sorry I thought you meant another customer name todd that I am doing a set of Ilmor V-10's for. The pic of the mount he posted is just the starting stage, I have already cut them down to inside the stringer mounts with just 1 tab coming over the top to unload the weight from the side bolt load. I was tiging his side mounts earlier in the week when my welder decided to blow a coolant hose all over me while welding. Waiting on new hose assembly from Miller and it was a no show yesterday hope it gets here Monday so i can continue.

brian41 08-29-2009 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by PatriYacht (Post 2942143)
That looks great Brian. I didn't know you were so involved in engine building. I'll have to see your shop sometime. See you at Leopa, Ian

Thanks Ian, Engines have been my life for 31 years now. Are you and Donna making the fall run ? I will be there with my friend Ernie.

PatriYacht 08-31-2009 09:13 AM

Yes, that's one of our favorite runs. The Detroit River is very scenic at 10:00 in the morning. Looking forward to seeing you guys, Ian

TheGladiator 08-31-2009 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2941049)
New shop toy is almost as fun as the boat. Did or first run with it last night and had some pump plumbing issues. With the issues fixed today we did or first pulls and started learning how to use the Dyno. Played with it for about 3 hours and no calls from the neighbors yet.

HEY! THIS IS YOUR CALL FROM YOUR NEIGHBOR... NEW HOURS FOR THE DYNO ROOM M-F 7:00 AM TIL 5:00 PM THEN SHUT THE F#*KING THING OFF! SAT-SUN NO DYNO.. NAP TIME!!!

brian41 09-02-2009 04:59 PM

Hey Todd I tried to call you after a run to see if you could hear it but no answer on your cell... guess I should of shut it down so your could hear it ringing. But really have you heard anything ? The Doc next door did not know what I was talking about when I asked him if he had any issues with the noise... he just kept saying " WHAT" so I figured he was good with it. If he ends up having a problem with the noise I will put tips on the exhaust and point them southeast ( thats TheGladiator's house).