Notices

Stepped vs Deep V

Old 10-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

the fact that a lot of the 07-08 production went to natiional liquidators after the coasties picked em up... like 10-15

and like avanti carrera catera and a few others banks r not keen to loan on or have been blacklisted from loans entirely
Old 12-25-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I ended up ordering a 31 Contender with the stepped hull, with twin 250 Yamaha 4 strokes. I had the opportunity to test ride a similar setup and was very impressed with the ride and fuel economy.

Real life data will follow in the spring...

Jason
Old 12-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Dreamer,

You are very right about them getting a lot of the boats. The boats are a low cost investment and run great in the rough and can hold people. See where this goes. In South Florida any big center is a player in the transport business. They have taken many Wellcraft, Hydra-Sports, Avanti, Carrera, Catera Renegades and others because they can handle the seas.

One of the 32 Renegades I have now was a "runner" in a former life. It is in great shape and we really enjoy it.

It is a great boat, especially when you figure what you pay and what you have left over. The downside is they, like a lot of other twin and triple boats are tough to finance down here. You are correct about the blacklist too.

Seems to me they used to use some other Go-Fast boats back in the day to do a little transport, Cigarette and Midnight to name a few. So do you stay away from those?

At the end of the day they are super nice people and deliver a great product for the money. I do not "Transport" but truly appreciate a good well designed boat that actually delivers on what it should, when so many fall so short.