Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who's running a #6 in a single engine application (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/215991-whos-running-6-single-engine-application.html)

ZXXX Donzi 09-04-2009 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE (Post 2946515)
Wow you are a numb nut arent you...Well I never backed down from the little bet, and yes I had a sexual pred. build my engine, and it is still agreat running engine with 150hrs on it, I have had nothing but good times with the boat and the engine. Oh and by the way, I am not trying to set any speed records, and that is not what this thread was about, I am just looking @ doing a drive that will hold up to the torque, and trust me I cruise just like you do...I don't go all over the place @ 100pluss MPH we take our little 100mile run from the Amite river accross lake Marupas and up the Tickfaw have lunch and return.

The atta boy to Steve didn't come accross that way to me, you came accross as a smart azz, if that is not what you meant by your comment then I am sorry that I took it that way, I am very protective of my friends. I think boating is the best hobby in the workld, I have other hobbies but none that bring me the satisfaction that boating has over the years...and cost me the most money LOL:grinser010: So you enjoy your boat and I will enjoy mine, which by the way the motor will be @ Precision over the winter that way everyone will know what the base numbers are, I have not decided if I am going to bump the power up, I believe Kaps engine with the 200ax SC dynoed around 925, maybe he will chime in and I don;t know what is @ now, John lamont said 1400hp on here I don't think that is right. I am very happy with the performance of my setup, if there were anything I would change, it would be going with a beefer drive the first time, but the MMW has held its on with the power going through it, and most importanly is stable as hell...:drink: I just think with the hig X dimension and getting the boat on plane is what is killing the drive, If I don't do a drive swap I am having RPM put some trim tabs on the boat this winter, that should help the drive out when getting on plane...I will keep you posted.

Numb nuts is not really an insult given your credibility. You have incorrectly stated your info in public on numerous occasions and seem to read and hear what you want. That is why you did not pick up on me mentioning that Redline makes a cool product and it would not really be in there interest to pump a bunch of money into R&D for a huge power single. That is why you were not correct about your own power and misquoted your friend about the X Drive. It is why you ARE incorrect about backing down from the dyno call out of your engine. You NEVER backed it up. I am glad to see that you plan to do it later but $10k was on the table and you passed on it so that once again shows a lack of credibility.

Feel free to throw more poorly founded insults at me if you like. You are just showing your true color.

26 REDLINE 09-04-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 2946538)
Numb nuts is not really an insult given your credibility. You have incorrectly stated your info in public on numerous occasions and seem to read and hear what you want. That is why you did not pick up on me mentioning that Redline makes a cool product and it would not really be in there interest to pump a bunch of money into R&D for a huge power single. That is why you were not correct about your own power and misquoted your friend about the X Drive. It is why you ARE incorrect about backing down from the dyno call out of your engine. You NEVER backed it up.

Feel free to throw more poorly founded insults at me if you like. You are just showing your true color.

If you knew anything that Kap and I discussed then you would know what I was talking about, I was asked not to let the cat out of the bag about him going to Loto with the xpower and then with all of the problems he was having with it Steve with RPM told me that he went back with the MMW I never talked to Kap, but I kept my word about keeping the drive under wraps. As far as the bet goes I could care less what the power is and as stated on BF I am happy with how the boat runs and performes, yes RPM builds a great boat, but as for a stupid bet that would have me pulling a motor out @ the begining of the summer only to boost some idiots ego about how much power I have is stupid, and I have had guys do the bet thing and at the end it was all a big waste of time, wouldn't pay, just joking, I didn't bet you, and other bull chit, so as for your little comments, you are welcome to keep them to yourself unless you have some input on the drive, because I could also say that you are showing some of your true colors as well...:point:

ZXXX Donzi 09-04-2009 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE (Post 2946543)
If you knew anything that Kap and I discussed then you would know what I was talking about, I was asked not to let the cat out of the bag about him going to Loto with the xpower and then with all of the problems he was having with it Steve with RPM told me that he went back with the MMW I never talked to Kap, but I kept my word about keeping the drive under wraps. As far as the bet goes I could care less what the power is and as stated on BF I am happy with how the boat runs and performes, yes RPM builds a great boat, but as for a stupid bet that would have me pulling a motor out @ the begining of the summer only to boost some idiots ego about how much power I have is stupid, and I have had guys do the bet thing and at the end it was all a big waste of time, wouldn't pay, just joking, I didn't bet you, and other bull chit, so as for your little comments, you are welcome to keep them to yourself unless you have some input on the drive, because I could also say that you are showing some of your true colors as well...:point:

You were the one that took it off subject by calling me names after I backed Redline. All I did was question your credibility after that.

As far as the silly bet? It was made on a third party dyno and a third party would have been allowed to hold the funds. I dunno how that would have boosted someone else's ego if you were right all along.

If you were to keep the whole Xdrive thing under the wraps then you should have stuck to your word and said NOTHING. But you were the one that did not stick to your word and started in on the subject and the problems. If you like I can pull the quotes from this very thread. Once again, another strike on your credibility.

Oh yeah, you never really responded about why you told everyone that you had a 572 in the first place. I guess that you were not honest about that too.

Hmm, alot of name calling and BS from you. Seen that before.

ZXXX Donzi 09-04-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 2946038)
I think that they build a cool boat and I am thrilled to see new companies like RPM come around. The boat runs 130 or so. That is a nice big number to be running in a 26' boat. It sounds like that they are pretty helpful and willing to explore possibilities in a really fast cat.

On the other hand, how big is the market for 130-150 mph single cats with #6's? Why would they want to drop serious coin to develop say a 150mph single cat so people could kill themselves and they could get sued? It is not like we see a bunch of #6 single Eliminators running around.

I could visualize my conversation with Donzi if I told them I was eating drives with my 850hp single ZX that runs 103:

Me:" Uh, hey guys, I know that I have far exceeded the power rating and speed of your hull, but I have found that the 850 is a great combo for your hull. The only problem is that it eats drives like crazy. Would you mind working out the details so I could put a #6 or an Arneson on one of your new 27ZR's"

Donzi: "You did what and it goes how fast?.....Ok....we will get back to you on that one....click"

And what the hell is so smart ass about this? Name one thing that is smart ass about this?

Hell, the only company that I made smart ass comments about is the one that built MY boat.

I don't see why this invoked a personal attack.

Read it again and think before you speak. You were the one that made it personal.

lake speed 09-04-2009 02:24 PM

How did we go from a drive recommendation thread to a pissing contest? who cares how much power redlines boat makes? its a bad b??ch for a single engine boat and all he is looking for are facts as to what will or will not work.

ZXXX Donzi 09-04-2009 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by lake speed (Post 2946572)
How did we go from a drive recommendation thread to a pissing contest? who cares how much power redlines boat makes? its a bad b??ch for a single engine boat and all he is looking for are facts as to what will or will not work.

That is right and he should have stuck to the FACTS. He is the one throwing the BS at me and throwing the BS about XPower drives. All I did was say something nice about Redline and infer why it might not be profitable for them to spend a bunch of dough on big power drives.

He, if he wants a pissing contest, a pissing contest he gets.

kap328 09-04-2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE (Post 2946398)
WOW...I guess from here on out I will tell what I know...:angry-smiley-038: I was not bashing the Xpower @ all I was just not going into any detail about what you were running or about the design flaws of the drive for a cat, as far as misquotes goes, I did not try to quote you I was mearly just beating around the bush about the drive because I was asked to keep the secret a secret:kiss: Kap, you know that I would love for you to get the drive dialed in, and I hope you do, yes you will do alot of people a favor including Xpower.

P.S. Are you getting MMW to do your SS Gimble? I know that they sell one.

Remember, get that thing dialed in and come down to my neck of the woods I'll put you through your paces in the swamp, not all open water...I'll disapear on ya...:lolhit:

Jeff

We are all good nothing to fear I was giving you a hard time hence the laughing notation at the end of the Enquirer comment. I just wanted to clear the air on what is being said and what the facts were so there are no misunderstandings with anyone.

Plus, if I want to bust your chops I will just call you and bust your cahones on the phone:).

I'm sure you and ZXXXDONZI probably have a lot in common and would probably share war stories. I do not know him but he seems like a very genuine person and a performance boater at heart and this means a lot in my book.:angry-smiley-038:

Oh! you bet your ass I want to come out to the Bayou and boat with you guys. I hear a lot of positive stuff ie... a lot of hard core boaters in the Bayou. Uhhh! I will be bringing the Silver Bullet with the latest drive and your gonna **** when you see it.

I wish I knew how to post photos on this site quicker I would show everyone what it looks like on our boat.

Talk about evil, wicked and gorgeous all wrapped up into one X marks the spot. Ha!

KAP

P.S. Ok quit fighting and back to the discussion going Single No. 6 is gonna be a last resort option and get your checkbook ready as it will be sizzling when you get done. So practice signing your name at the bottom----laughing.

lake speed 09-04-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 2946592)
That is right and he should have stuck to the FACTS. He is the one throwing the BS at me and throwing the BS about XPower drives. All I did was say something nice about Redline and infer why it might not be profitable for them to spend a bunch of dough on big power drives.

I dont know either of you guys but I have met steve and he obviously builds an extremely fast and very nice boat. I did mention the x power drive the other day to a buddy (john lomant) and I was blasted as to the cost. I dont really believe that the set up is totally the responsibility of the boat builder. do you think merc said "here you go here are our 700's and nxt drives" and offered no set up help? But what do I know I am a stupid Eliminator owner lol!!!

26 REDLINE 09-04-2009 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 2946592)

Oh no not a pissing contest...OK I Give lets get back on topic:nhl_fight: I think we have bashed enough, Kap is right we are all boaters lets play nice, and for everyone who doesn't know Kap...he did call, but didn't bust the balls...he is a great guy and thank god he has the money to do all the RD for the rest of us...:lolhit:

Kap you don't know how to post a pic...go up to the little paper clip and then download it to the site, just like you would an email, I want to see that bad mofo on the back of your bullet.....:drink:

shifter 09-05-2009 12:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE (Post 2946516)
Pat,

You suggested your number 6 to Steve, that looks like the ticket right there, why don't we talk about that drive 5 years that a hell of a record, I wouldn't know how to act pluss it has that way cool factor:drink:

I told Steve about my #6 dry-sump because of cost. You asked about a #6 so that is what I told him about.

The WMD drive (purple Eliminator with Monster engine) is a drive I designed for the military. It was designed for diesels so big gas motors are no problem.

Steve sent me a drawing so I will do a layout to see how everything fits. I will see how this drive fits also....

pat W:flag: