Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Skater, MTI or Nor-Tech which would you buy? >

Skater, MTI or Nor-Tech which would you buy?

Notices

Skater, MTI or Nor-Tech which would you buy?

Old 09-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Skater, MTI or Nor-Tech which would you buy?

I'm looking to buy either a Skater, MTI or Nor-Tech around 36-40 feet with about 1000hp each (years from 2003-2006). My question to everyone is which boat rides better, hold their value, faster (using the same hp), handles better, etc?

Any information or suggestions are helpful. Thank you.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skater.. old faithful
MTI.. new kid on the block
nor-tech.. nice and right on the money

i like Nor-tech
Old 09-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ha, I find it hard to believe you will base your opinion on what anyone says through an online forum!

Owners of any of these boats will swear by their decision, and should. If you're a serious player, the factory/dealers that carry any of these brands, will be happy to give you the opportunity to ride in one.

In many cases with the internet, you will get PLENTY of opinions based on what someone has "heard" or "assumed" based on hearsay. You can expect some other completely irrelevant thoughts originated by someone who's never seen any of the 3 in person, much less ridden in one as well.

My choice? I went with a Skater. I chose Skater because I liked the full custom aspect of their boats. They are a no frills, custom sized, raceboat, that offer a pleasure configuration based on their raceboats. I have a home on the lake, so I was personally not interested in anything but strength, performance, and completely unique styling EVEN when compared to their own boats. They are ALL business, so don't expect toilets, beds, sinks, etc, unless you build a new one and request these features. Their decks are 100% hand made (no molds). and their hulls can be designed to fit whatever style of boating you anticipate.

I think the MTI's have fantastic custom aspects, plus VERY well executed styling, that in my opinion, exceed the buyers standards from what I've seen. I think MTI owners probably are likely to find a Skaters look to be boring, as far as having the "car show" look, and overall "concept" look. The 6 seater is the one to have in "MY" opinion, but they can be configured however the buyer wants.

I think Nortechs to this day have the best "looking" dash design I've seen. They do a great job building an overall usable boat for nearly any occasion. They probably have the most amenities of the 3 boats, and they run well. I think their 36 is the best of their cat lineup, however I have no experience with their recent "Roadster" design.

Make sure to RIDE in each one before writing your check, Everyone has different tastes. The ones I've listed are just a few of my own. Good luck shopping, and once you go cat, you never go back!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+2.. Exactly what Blee Said.

You got to feel each one to see what will suit your needs and wants.

Good luck and post what you buy!!
Old 09-03-2009, 06:46 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
They are a no frills, custom sized, raceboat, that offer a pleasure configuration...
Sorta like your girlfriends...
The 6 seater is the one to have in "MY" opinion,
You have to many friends...

Originally Posted by PTM Express
I'm looking to buy a Skater, MTI or Nor-Tech around 36-40 feet with about 1000hp each
You’re not going to make a mistake with any of those.
Find the best deal that suits your application and make sure you try all three brands. You find they all ride and perform pretty well.

Once you choose a brand and buy, then.... THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT for a true cat experience;

- Become a blind endorser/follower from the brand and send to hell anyone that says different without thoughts or concern.

- If anyone is faster than you or any other brother that owns your brand. Immiately find a fitting, a pump or a belt that let go thus explaining instantly why the rig was not the “Pamela Anderson with 18 pounds of boost” of the moment.

-Get seven sets of engines for all applications and waters to match your 11 sets of props surpassing the pair of shoes your wife has in her closet…

In the end remember… It’s a Skater Nation mired in MTI new technology and Nortech styling…. This will work for you until you decide to buy a Mystic.

Glad to help,
GL

Old 09-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That GLH guy is tooooo funny!!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:30 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

M Y S T I C
Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KiloKat
M Y S T I C
oh ya
Old 09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
M Y S T I C
Yep,
You can either be like the rest , or you can BEAT the rest of the cats out there!!!!!
Dean
Old 09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

You can expect some other completely irrelevant thoughts originated by someone who's never seen any of the 3 in person, much less ridden in one as well.
If I were to offer an opinion I would be one of these guys so I won't add anything to this thread other than - HOLY CRAP, a member since 2002 and 9 posts. That has to be a record on any forum anywhere about anything.

Good Luck in your purchase.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.